It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:53 pm 
Bengal Cat

Sadly due to personal health reasons I need to rehome my youngest cat. His name is Calcifer and he is a 5 month old pedigree brown marble bengal kitten(born 30/07/11).

Calcifer can be a little shy with new people at first, also he doesn't like people coming towards him or putting their hands to him too fast. But once he has settled and is used to you he is the most affectionate cat I have ever owned. When he is not sat on your lap(which is literally every time I sit down on anything!) he is wandering around your feet wanting cuddles. He really is a lovely boy, he gets on with other cats too as he is currently living with another bengal. He absolutely loves to play and will play for hours with his dangly wand toys.

He is fully vaccinated (with vaccination card), flead and wormed up to date with Advocate and fully litter trained. He is currently on a diet of Hills kitten dry food with Hi Life 60% meat pouches. He is not neutered yet but I would like whoever rehomes him to get him neutered asap as I don't want him bred from, he is strictly to be a pet only.

He will come with litter trays, a small supply of both dry and wet food, some of the litter he is used to using some toys, cat carrier, a bed and his next dose of Advocate flea/worming spot on.

I am located in Liverpool, L15 0ER and would prefer that the new owners come and pick him up in person so they can see him first and I can meet them, but for the right home I mat consider meeting half way as I do have a car.

I hope I've given enough information, if anyone has any more questions just reply to the post or sent me a PM. I am currently in Hong Kong until the 13th January so obviously no viewings can be arranged until I am back(a close friend is currently house and cat sitting for me) but I should have internet access for most of the time so I should hopefully be able to reply to anyones questions, I just might take a while to reply.

Here are some pictures:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

his lovely can you contact the breeder of him? they dont like cats sold on un neutered, so maybe best to get him done first, or the breederf can take him back and do it, good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:16 pm 
Bengal Cat

Taylorbaby wrote:
his lovely can you contact the breeder of him? they dont like cats sold on un neutered, so maybe best to get him done first, or the breederf can take him back and do it, good luck :)

Already tried, hence me advertising him for rehoming here. I would prefer to have got him neutered before rehoming but unfortunately due to my circumstances I am unable to at this time. But it's not like I'll just let him go to anybody, I won't let him go to anyone who I think for a second would try and breed him. I know it's something I can't guarantee in a new home but all I can do is try my best to find him a decent new family and any potential new owners will be asked lots of questions etc to try and ensure this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:21 pm 
Senior Bengal

Aww calcifer is gorgeous, just wished I lived closer, I would rehome him in a shot ! Good luck finding him a new home, although I'm sure you won't have any problems finding someone to take that gorgeous little fella off your hands !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

he is lovely!! Good luck - just had the conversation with hubby - and NO we cannot have 4!!!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I really want to urge you for the sake of Calcifer to neuter him first, before you offer him for free for rehoming. His chances of ending up in the wrong hands if he is unneutered is so much bigger. I know you say you will meet the people, etc, but believe me, it is so easy for people to decieve you for that short period of time you meet with them.

It is a quick operation, and boys recover in days. If it is the cost you are worried about, then ask a token £50 fee from the new owner to cover for the operation.

"I won't let him go to anyone who I think for a second would try and breed him. I know it's something I can't guarantee in a new home"...... you CAN guarantee he will not be used for breeding in fact. Please, do the right thing for him, he is a beautiful boy that deserves a happy life!

good luck!

Post subject: rehoming
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I would love to take him , I got your PM , he is just like my brown marbled boy. I have just got another rescue kitten who is 15 weeks from cat concern up here is scotland who was mistreated by the breeder. He is a siamese cross , he isnt neutured as yet , but will be going as soon as he is a big enough boy. I just saw you are in liverpool , so would need to work out the logistics of getting him, but I would get him neutured . Am not really into a tom spraying all round my house :lol: ..and breeding is out of the question !!

Post subject: Calcifer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:20 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi there
I am also in Liverpool and am very interested in providing a forever home for Calcifer. He would be our 1st Bengal and he would be a family pet with no intentions of breeding. Do you think he would be suitable to live with children as my youngest is 5?
Many thanks
Alan

Post subject: Calcifer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, I would love Calcifer to join us if you haven't already found him the right home. I have an 8 mth old male Bengal and he would love a playmate. I would be happy to get him neutered as soon as he settles in. I have sent you more details about us in a PM.
Good luck with him - he's really beautiful x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Zoekie wrote:
I really want to urge you for the sake of Calcifer to neuter him first, before you offer him for free for rehoming. His chances of ending up in the wrong hands if he is unneutered is so much bigger. I know you say you will meet the people, etc, but believe me, it is so easy for people to decieve you for that short period of time you meet with them.

It is a quick operation, and boys recover in days. If it is the cost you are worried about, then ask a token £50 fee from the new owner to cover for the operation.

Just want to second what Zoekie said. It would be a much better idea to ask any of the three posters above for a neutering fee (since they all claim to want to neuter him anyway) and get the operation done before you let them take him home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

yes please neuter him, its free in alto of places or from £20-50, never seen it more than this :( I neuter all my kittens before they go and the boys take hours to recover, hell be fine the next day and can prob go to his new home 5days later if he has to go asap (but id give it a week min!)
Then as the others said ask £50 for him, infact if he has papers maybe a rehoming fee? £100? to cover your costs?

what did the breeder say when you contacted them? Id offer to take him and do it myself but I have kittens here so I can not bring a cat into my home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:02 am 
Bengal Kitten

pylea wrote:
Just want to second what Zoekie said. It would be a much better idea to ask any of the three posters above for a neutering fee (since they all claim to want to neuter him anyway) and get the operation done before you let them take him home.

I just want to reassure everyone here that I'm not here looking to deceive anyone by offering to rehoming a cat, claiming to neuter then keeping him entire for breeding. I was just simply offering a home to an unwanted pet.

I'm an ex vet nurse and would happily pay for the neutering to be done first. I just thought I was doing the right thing offering the least stressful option for Calcifer, as I'm sure we'll all agree he's obviously the most important thing in this discussion. Castration followed by rehoming in a few days is not something we would recommend in our surgery if there was a less stressful option, so it depends how soon Calcifer's mum needs to rehome him. We recommend that all cats not needed for breeding should be neutered after 6 months of age as male cats castrated too early may have an increased risk of developing urethral blockage in later life.

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was trying to deceive anyone & I wish Calcifer a wonderful new home. On that, I'll wish everyone Happy New Year and say my goodbyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

snowflake wrote:
pylea wrote:

I just want to reassure everyone here that I'm not here looking to deceive anyone by offering to rehoming a cat, claiming to neuter then keeping him entire for breeding. I was just simply offering a home to an unwanted pet.

I'm an ex vet nurse and would happily pay for the neutering to be done first. I just thought I was doing the right thing offering the least stressful option for Calcifer, as I'm sure we'll all agree he's obviously the most important thing in this discussion. Castration followed by rehoming in a few days is not something we would recommend in our surgery if there was a less stressful option, so it depends how soon Calcifer's mum needs to rehome him. We recommend that all cats not needed for breeding should be neutered after 6 months of age as male cats castrated too early may have an increased risk of developing urethral blockage in later life.

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was trying to deceive anyone & I wish Calcifer a wonderful new home. On that, I'll wish everyone Happy New Year and say my goodbyes.

I wasn't implying that you were being deceitful! Just that it is still in Calcifer's best interest to be neutered before being rehomed. It's just one of those "better safe than sorry" situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

pylea wrote:
snowflake wrote:
pylea wrote:

I wasn't implying that you were being deceitful! Just that it is still in Calcifer's best interest to be neutered before being rehomed. It's just one of those "better safe than sorry" situations.

I'd agree with Pylea. I don't think anyone thought that anyone else was being deceitful, however the easiest way to know 100% that Calcifer is not going to be used as a stud is to have him neutered.

Good luck with finding him a new home, he looks like a gorgeous young man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fenstar wrote:
pylea wrote:
snowflake wrote:
pylea wrote:

I'd agree with Pylea. I don't think anyone thought that anyone else was being deceitful, however the easiest way to know 100% that Calcifer is not going to be used as a stud is to have him neutered.

Good luck with finding him a new home, he looks like a gorgeous young man.

just reading the thread, I agree with Pylea and Fenstar, there was no ill will intended to any of the forum members, just a general overall concern that it would be less stressfull for Calcifer if he was neutered before he went to his new home, instead of him having to deal with being neutered and being in a new environment all at once.

there have also been horror stories about how breeders and pet owners have sold/given away their bengals as pets and the new owner was adamantly promising to neuter when they met the breeder/previous pet owner, and when asked they start getting all antsy or annoyed that they're not allowed to breed from the pet bengal and don't understand why not! :evil: some people (and i'm not trying to imply that any of the posters offering to take Calcifer are like them) will say anything just to get what they want but won't do it in the end