It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 pm 
Bengal Kitten

This is very hard for me to do but I now realise that it is the right thing to do for Simba.....

Simba is approx 4 yrs old neutered male brown spotted bengal without papers, he has a big boisterous personality and is very loving and affectionate, in fact he craves human company and gets very jealous if our other cat gets any attention, think Garfield and you are close (and he has been caught stealing left over lasagne too!!) he loves to play (lazer pens and da bird being his favorite) and loves getting his belly tickled though he can sometimes take that as an invitation for some rough and tumble (so be warned lol) he also is very clean and will only toilet in his tray which he expects to be kept very clean and he can be quite vocal about this!! I feel he would benefit from a home where he is the only cat and I also really think he desperately needs a home with a garden as I really feel he is suffering from boredom more than anything at the moment due to him being confined in a small area (we took him with us when we stayed with a relative for a week and took him into the garden to play every day which he absolutely loved)

I got him 2 yrs ago as company for my female spayed bengal, he was being rehomed due to his owners seperating and was being cared for by a vets nurse who was running a small animal charity... unfortunatly things have never worked out between the two cats and any time they do spend together my female is bullied and attacked and it is constant, I have tried everything but the only thing that works is keeping them seperated which is very difficult in a small two bed flat and Simba is obviously very unhappy with the situation too particularly as he is so fond of company!!! I have put this off for so long as I really wanted things to work and I really don't want him going through another re-homing but I am hoping that that I will be able to find him the right kind of home through this forum and that he will be happy again.... he is such a lovely boy and he deserves more space, time and attention than I have been able to give him so if you think you can help please get in touch
thanks fiona

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi,
What Country are you in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi we are in scotland x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i'm so sorry to hear this, feegee, i know how difficult it must be to have to rehome your furkid :cry: i would have loved to rehome Simba to add to my little family of a tiger (Tigger) and a lion (Nala) :lol: :lol: :lol: unfortunately as we only recently got Nala and am still getting used to the extra cost of having 2, added to the fact that my partner only agreed to Nala because he was taken with her on first sight :roll: and because he believed it would stop me asking, i wouldn't be able to help. also considering the fact that you prefer Simba to be an only-cat in the household :cry:

i can certainly ask around since you're so close, but i've asked around for a colleague about a moggie she was trying to rehome with no success on my part, and most of the people i know who love bengals already have a few of their own. i'll definitely ask people i know to spread the word though, if you'd like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated as I do want a really good home where he will be happy and neither of my cats are at the moment :(
The vet nurse I got Simba from had 3 cats of her own and told me he was fine with them but my other cat is half the size of him and timid for a bengal so I don't know if she is just easy prey for him combined with a lack of space in our flat!!! But I wouldn't want to risk re-homing him with another cat again just in case it didn't work out again for him though I actually think he might enjoy the company of a similar size dog if he were introduced properly as he clearly thinks he is one!
I realise most visitors to this site are already bengal owners so I may have to find another way but like others trying to re-home on here I absolutely do not want him going to a rescue centre or having to advertise him on the internet where anyone can pose as a suitable prospective owner!
I will try and post some pics once I remember how to lol x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:38 pm 
Bengal Kitten

just a quick update to let you know Simba has found a new home where he is the only pet in the home and will live close to a beach and a wooded area, his new owners also have previously had a cat with a similar personality and temprament to Simba so I am really hoping things will work out ok when his new owners collect him tomorrow though i'm going to be very sad to see him go too :?