It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All,

We are having to rehome one of our 3 bengals due to what can only be described as a relationship breakdown between our two girls which after 3 months of trying everything we can is now definitely beyond all hope of repair and resulted in Saffron needing emergency vet trips due to a nasty cat bite from the last rather brutal fight between all three which although we broke up, the damage was already done :(

We have spoken with the vet at great length and although we have tried many alternative methods, the household (not us the cats, as you well know, its their house, we just happen to live with them!) has not improved whatsoever and despite a vast amount of separate play, food, rooms and a slow re introduction as Saf has got better, she is so scared of the other two that she is constantly on the defensive and is just not a happy kitty anymore which is heartbreaking. We live with the growling and hissing as hoped that with her getting better, the bonds may re establish but to no avail.

So..... if anyone in the Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire area would like a neutered, microchipped female Bengal who is an absolute darling and purrs like a train, eats like a horse (normally!) loves playing and who is approx 2 years old (we rescued her so not sure of exact age) please do get in touch... she is fully recovered from her cat bite damage though still has shaved patches bless her but is eating well again so regaining weight steadily.

She needs a home where she can be the centre of attention if possible as I dont know how she would react to another cat if I am honest and would hate for her to be moved again. She is fully up to date on vaccines, flea/worming etc. She is fine with guests and children and is also happy to go outdoors and is litter trained to go outside but will use trays inside.

Safs favourite things:

Lazing in the sunshine
Sleeping on mummy and daddy
Playing alot!
Eating nice foods especially prawns and yummy bits of steak (whether its her dinner or not!)
Running to meet you when you get home.
Meowing hello when you go to stroke her when she has been sleeping.

I am more than happy for someone to come and meet her at home and to meet us so we can run through her history as we know it and see if they like her.

I think we can cope with another two weeks before we will have to give her back to the rehoming centre... but I dont want to prolong the stress on her or my other two, our other little girl is particularly affected as doesn't understand what she has done wrong to be so hated after 6 months of being loved by her!

Pics are in the gallery, but I will post more on here if you want?

Thanks for reading,

Sam xxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Can you post us pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

awww, it's sad to hear when a bengal baby has to be rehomed, but better to have a member from the forum who actually cares about the welfare of bengals than for it to got a shelter where they are quite misunderstood a lot of the time :cry: i hope Saf finds a good home soon

i'll have a look at the photos you posted on the gallery, but unfortunately, as we just brought Nala home about a month ago now to be a playmate to Tigger, i don't think partner would be keen at all for another one :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I hope you find a good home for Saffron. Sometimes the right decision is to stop putting cats together that really don't like to be together - it's hard for you but 3 unhappy cats isn't a good mixture. Good luck with finding her a good home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks guys, it is really hard to do, but as Yas has ended up with injuries that have just turned into large scabs!! Back to the vet we go. Loving my insurance company can thoroughly recommend direct line they have been wonderful.

I am writing an information pack to go with Saffron to give to the rehoming centre as although I did alot of research on Bengals others may not and just go for the "awww isn't she pretty" rather than the "but we should check out a bit about the breed" as seeing her jump from the floor to the doorframe or onto your shoulder may be a bit of a shock! At least that way I am doing all I can to make sure that she is happier in her new home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would offer to help because I do want a Bengal girl at some point to go with the two Bengal Cross boys I have just adopted from the local shelter. But it sounds as if Saffron may be better as an only cat. My boys are very laid back but it would be tragic for Saffron to be messed around. Good luck. Hope she finds the right home soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All

Just to let you/people know that we had to take Saffron to the rehoming centre in the end (along with a self written Bengal handbook!) as it got very bad again at home resulting in injuries for another of our girls. Thank you for all your help and support. xxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sorry to hear you didn't find anyone who could help here Sam. I got my two boys from the local rescue place and I know other people here have found cats that way so hopefully Saffron will find a loving forever home where she can be the only cat soon. So sad when it doesn't work out though. You can only try!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us