It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thanks For Not Helping
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:29 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I entered a post on this forum to desperately find my two Bengals a new home.

My post has received 130+ views and NOT ONE offer of help and advice. To be honest, I am staggered at the lack of assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:42 pm 
The Boss

Not sure what to say to that one Gary...

What exactly did you expect from a rehoming request? If someone could've helped with rehoming I'm sure they would have contacted you, the lack of response was probably due to you giving all the relevent information from the outset - thus no questions asked.

Have you posted details elsewhere? The original breeder, breed clubs, other forums, shelters etc etc? If so did they get the same retort?

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:48 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Meemonkey.

I have had the boys posted on 4 other forums and received lots of advice and tips. One of those tips was to post the boys on here.

They are also on posters in my vets and on waiting lists at two rescue centres locally (the others are not even taking names) and also listed at other centres out of my catchment area.

But on this site I received NO advice or offers of help.

Regards

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
The Boss

That's unfortunate, but in defence of that it's usual that members here do frequent many other groups/fora, therefore the same ones who've offered advice via other boards will not repeat the same comments here.

Moving on - Assuming that the original breeders are unable to offer any help with rehoming my only other suggestion would be to contact the main breed clubs with a view to placing an advert on their welfare pages, many new homes have been found this way and it's usually the first port of call for someone looking for a mature cat.

I wish them luck in finding a new home. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]