It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello Bengal loving people!
I sadly have to rehome my beautiful Shika. She is a snowspotted female who will be 5 in May. We've had her for 2 years but she doesn't get along with our other cat, and vice versa. But of course, Shika, being a Bengal, sometimes sprays and pees as a result of the stress of living with a cat she's not that fond of. I would prefer to keep her and rehome the other if I'm honest, as she is a fabulous cat, but I worry that as she's so used to her smell in this house she'll continue topping it up. The pet behaviourist I consulted told me he thought there was a good chance she would not spray/pee in a house with no other cats.
She is very friendly, not at all scratchy or bitey, you can play with her and tickle anywhere and she won't mind. She comes for walks round the block with me and always greets me at the door. She sleeps on the bed with us at night (ok I'll admit it - in the bed too!) We have 2 kids and she's ok with them, I would suggest that kids should be 5 or over though, to be on the safe side as not all kids are sensible about cats! She is a little nervous at times.
In summary she's a fabulous glittery girl who loves to explore gardens and is generally very well behaved!
Please do get in touch if you want to know more and think you can help.
Many thanks for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi, how sad you feel you have to rehome her again. Just a few ideas you might not have tried before?

Firstly, has she been spayed? has your other cat for that matter been spayed? Jf not, that could be your first solution.
Have you tried Feliway? And urine off on the pee spots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately we have been through all the usual steps to fix this problem. Feliway doesn't work in our house as we have very high ceilings and it just dissipates, I'd also need too many of them. Both cats have been spayed. I found Urine Off less than useless, but do use Simple Solution as well as vinegar, biological laundry liquid, bicarb...you name it, it doesn't always work, it is a very strong smell, akin to an un-neutered male spray! I think she would just be a happier cat without the stress of another cat to worry about.