It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are they still at home with you?

Taz, Jasmin and Moshi, never forgotten, always loved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:17 pm 
Bengal Kitten

No - I've placed them in a really nice cattery on a farm near us which is run by a cat lover who has worked with animal charities in the past (they're in an enormous enclosure in a barn - I wouldn't put them in anything I know they'd be miserable in!). There's a set period of time I'm prepared to keep them there before bringing them home and trying to re-home from here - if they're in there too long then they'll end up miserable. With them being in a cattery, it takes them away from the stress of our home, while at the same time making it an easier transition for them to move to a new home (if we find one). If no one wants them, I'm at a loss for how to make them happy with us, other than to allow them outdoors...which, knowing their personalities and our neighbourhood, would be a very bad idea. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know how hard it is when a new baby comes along and totally understand why you feel as you do. For what its worth i think you are doing the best for all of you and am keeping my fingers crossed that a great new home comes along for them..... everything works out for the best xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just catching up here....
Gosh....I am so sorry you have been having such a stressful time, and CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby! :wink:

Whatever circumstances brought these two lovely cats to be needing a new home, that is what they need now. You need to post some adverts around the place (maybe you have done this?). You could also make up a Facebook page for them both...and see if you get any takers there? There are some really nice folk out there who I am sure would be willing to take these two on. It is 'just' a case of finding them.

I wish you (and the 2 cats) lots of luck in finding a loving home. :)

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 pm 
Senior Bengal

Circumstances do change in peoples lives which leave no other choice but to re-home their cats. At the end of the day that's how we ended up with Zeus and Hestia. It is very unfortunate this happens but it does. After all thats why we have a Rehoming section of the forum!!!!!