Before Posting on The Bengal Cat Forums, please read the rules stated below. By completing the Forum registration form and by entering your email address and password, you will be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions listed below in their entirety.
The Bengal Cat Forums and owners, cannot be held responsible for any false, offensive or otherwise unacceptable content on this message board.
The views and opinions expressed on the forum are not representative of the forum owners and belong to the individuals concerned. The forum owners cannot be held liable for individual users opinions, comments, material or otherwise. If any breaches take place then we will endeavor to address them as soon as humanly possible.
Breaches of our terms and conditions will be dealt with on an individual case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to operate a zero tolerance approach and individuals may be removed without warning or notice.
The moderators and adminstrators of The Bengal Cat Forums have the right to edit or delete messages as we see fit, it is our sole discretion. This is for your benefit and is to ensure the forums stay friendly, fun and supportive. If you feel unable to accept this rule, then we politely request that you find what you seek on forums elsewhere.
Posting to our discussion forums will be taken as acceptance of these rules. You should ensure that you are aware of your legal responsibilities when using our forums. Please note that contravention of these rules will lead to the removal of your message and possible termination of membership. Should you come across any messages breaking these rules, please let us know by using the 'report' feature.
If you are experiencing problems or you wish to discuss any issues regarding the Bengal cat forums policies listed below, please contact the site Administrator
.Rules for the site :-
1. Commercial messages and messages from businesses or organisations are not permitted. These forums and chat rooms are for use by bengal cat owners and people interested in the breed they are not to be used as a medium for marketing or selling to our users. Any users posting URLs of sites excessively or in a way which could be construed as advertising are liable to have their right to post removed without notification.
2. Do not personally insult or abuse another user. Please do not use The Bengal Cat Forums to harass, threaten or attack anyone, or behave in any way that would cause annoyance or distress to other users. Please be tactful when posting in a forum where extra sensitivity is required. The forum is predominantly reactively moderated and we ask that forum members notify us of any inappropriate posts by clicking the REPORT button next to the post in question: the post is then flagged for attention from the Forum Support team. Please only report posts which break the terms and conditions or community guidelines and not just posts that you disagree with. Please provide any relevant information in the reason for reporting text area.
3. You may not insult or defame The Bengal Cat Forums, including any of its moderators or administrators. You may not forward the contents (in part or whole) of any email that you may receive from a Bengal Cat Forum moderator or administrator without our prior permission. Instances of personal abuse towards site Admin will not be accepted, whether they be made elsewhere is immaterial, removal from this forum may ensue with immediate effect as a result.
4. Do not post messages more than once. This is also known as 'flooding'. Duplicate messages are very frustrating.
5. Do not behave in any way that disrupts the flow of an ongoing discussion or that spoils the atmosphere within the forum.
6. Impersonating another person, alter-ego's and/or utilising mulitpleID's is strictly forbidden.
7. You must own the copyright or have explicit permission from the copyright holders to post any images or other media on the forum. Likewise, you must not post images or other media from other people's websites without explicit permission (also known as "leeching").
8. Do not use the forums to make complaints about The Bengal Cat Forums. If you are unsatisified about something, please consider other forums and email us directly so that we may be made aware of the issue.
9. Do not use the forums to sell your goods, offer cats/kittens for sale, no exceptions. In certain instances permission may be sought in relation to the offer of goods/services, but this does NOT extend to the sale of cats/kittens.
10. Do not recruit our members to join another website forum or chat group, whether personal or otherwise. Adding a link to a specific personal website that is utterly relevant to both your posting and the forum topic is permitted on infrequent occasions, however overly 'plugging' is not acceptable. If you are approached to join another group/site as a result of your Bengal Cat Forum membership/posts on our forums, please make us aware.
11. We encourage the exchange of information on the forums and adding an appropriate link to your posting links is invited. However, obvious and persistant promotion of, or inappropriate links to, other known commercial cat websites, or any forum or chat groups are not permitted and will be removed . If you are unsure whether a link or posting is allowed, please ask us.
We consider an ‘appropriate link’ as one that is utterly relevant to both the posting and the forum topic.
We consider a ‘commercial’ site to be one which is funded or supported in any way by a profit making business.
'Any forum or chat group' means anywhere on the web, regardless of topic, please see rule above.
12. We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions and disagreements are allowed! By all means challenge an opinion – but please do it respectfully. Name calling, insults and foul and abusive language will not be tolerated. This includes the use of offensive nicknames and usernames. Any instances should be reported to site Admin/Moderator.
13. Do not post any personally identifiable information - examples of this are people's real names, addresses or contact information. Any breach of this is considered serious and will be treated as such.
14. Anything that you post on the forums becomes the property of The Bengal Cat Forums, even if you decide that you no longer wish to participate in the Forums. Please do not post anything that you do not wish to remain the property of The Bengal Cat Forums and in the public domain.
15. Discussion of particular breeders ethics, conduct or reputation is forbidden. Concerns should be handled by the relevant authorities and not discussed on The Bengal Cat Forums. By all means ask for advice regarding a problem or situation, but do so with good intentions and please refrain from any attempts to identify individuals involved.
16. Discussion of particular breeders in ANY context requires explicit consent from that breeder and agreement on the content.