It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The cat in the porch is Bear -- the stray I had for about 18 months before he vanished! We do have a few people in our subdivision who are cat lovers and take in and feed the strays. I'm allowed really ONE cat and that's it, but the black and white one is still here and now has two different shelters for winter time. I just need to get them situated where I want them to be. My husband still has plants out on the deck that need to go!!! I just can't bear to see a cat go hungry. After Bear vanished, I had FIVE cats in my yard at one time, including Raiden. Found a home for two of them, one already had a home a couple of doors down, the other cat was hit by a car and killed and then there was Raiden, who got to stay. Wish I could allow the b/w kitty to come inside at night, but Raiden can't stand this cat and tries to attack him every time we see Long Legs on our walks. Note, Long Legs does not have long legs now, but they say he did as a kitten. Here's a picture of him.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I live in an apartment building, and two of my neighbors openly hate cats, and they openly hate Thomas, because he is so big. One screamed at him, and it was weeks before I could get Thomas back out into the hallway to take walks. The other one shooed him down the hallway the other day, I had to coax him back to me because I wasn't going to let him remember that. The other neighbors want to meet him, and so he is slowly making friends.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Neighbors who dislike cats will eventually have had enough and will do something about them. Either discuss it with you, complain to the landlord, call in some agency, or take matters into their own hands. It really does scare me as there have been many recent poisonings in one east Nashville neighborhood. It's obviously the work of one person who doesn't like cats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bear looks lovely. You must be sad to have lost him. Long legs looks so soft and fluffy! I can't understand people hating cats or thinking an animal is dangerous because it is big???? LadyKay - Poor Thomas being frightened by the neighbours! :mad: I wish I could rescue all the cats like you Sherry! Izzy the bengal is back at Newbury Cats protection. It obviously did not work with her new home. There is also another Bengal called Rory. Don't know what's going on there at the moment with the bengals :cry:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fortunately, my building is very supportive of cats, and the staff know Thomas and Cutie pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Melissa: I follow Cats Protection Brigend on Facebook (because of their photographer) and they have posted that they just got a lost Bengal in and are trying to locate the owner. I wonder if there is anything this forum can do to help. I did a post in the rehoming section but it hasn't shown up yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What I can't understand is why a bengal would be unchipped?? I think this forum could definitely help. The more people who know and share, the better with lost cats etc.

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear about Izzy being back at the shelter. I don't think people understand the bengal breed! They think it's a gorgeous kitty and don't know how different it is from having any other type of cat! A shelter is no place to an animal. Thankfully, the cats who are up for adoption at Metro Animal Control are in this room with lots of cat trees, beds, litter boxes. No cages except in the back where they are holding the cats to be checked out. It's the one shining glory for them considering they get very little money from Nashville to take care of the animals. They say for 2015, their euthanasia rate is down from 84% to about 60%. That's still too many animals being put down.