It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Earthquake
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Anyone else a little freaked out by it? Moved furniture and the whole house shoke here,

cats seem to be ok, just a little scatty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Didn't feel a thing up here in Cumbria. Kittens brought in a mouse and a bird though so maybe it shook the trees!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The bizarre thing with the mouse was that they'd eaten all the skin and flesh but left the entire skeleton with some of the organs attached - bit like eating corn on the cob. I've never seen a cat eat a mouse like that before.

Last edited by ginnym on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

there was an earthquake over there? there was a strange one last week here in the US, totally in the middle of the country, which is unusual, because it is usually California that gets them, not the middle of the country.

http://www.spoiledbengal.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

yes there was an earthquake in the uk, obviously not on the scale you get them in the states :) but never the less a scary experience :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ginnym wrote:
The bizarre thing with the mouse was that they'd eaten all the skin and flesh but left the entire skeleton with some of the organs attached - bit like eating corn on the cob. I've never seen a cat eat a mouse like that before.

When I was little my cat got a little gopher and left it in my room. I think I was like 6 or 7. I got up to get ready for school and there is was.. Poor little guy had no skin and all most all of his organs falling out... Really sad part it was STILL ALIVE! My dad took him in the back yard and sent him to heaven... :( I was soooo upset... I had to stay home from school that day. We had a little funeral for him in the back yard... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hello_kitty wrote:
there was an earthquake over there? there was a strange one last week here in the US, totally in the middle of the country, which is unusual, because it is usually California that gets them, not the middle of the country.

Yea we do seem to get A LOT of them here in Cali... You just get used to them I guess....

I didn't even know about that one... Wow.. I need to watch the news i guess. I stopped watching it because I was tired of hearing about all those school shootings and family murder suicides... Been a lot of them the past few weeks... Its crazy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rhiannon wrote:
ginnym wrote:

When I was little my cat got a little gopher and left it in my room. I think I was like 6 or 7. I got up to get ready for school and there is was.. Poor little guy had no skin and all most all of his organs falling out... Really sad part it was STILL ALIVE! My dad took him in the back yard and sent him to heaven... :( I was soooo upset... I had to stay home from school that day. We had a little funeral for him in the back yard... :oops:

This mouse very definitely wasn't alive but its skeleton was complete and the feet, tail and head were ntouched. I've seen cats rip them to bits before but I've never seen them do such a neat job of removing only the skin and juicy bits!