[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - The "My Cat From Hell" Discussion Thread...
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:48 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If I had the room in my house I would have gladly dedicated a room to Jasper, in reality I don't we are growing out of our space as it is. I miss him like crazy, but I find comfort in knowing he is in a good home. Someone that can provide for him better than I can. I'm sure your kitties miss you too, it's hard being away from them. I started watching it and had to leave, it seems like it will be interesting and a on a subject that is brought up often. Maybe Jackson will give his insight on PICA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love Jackson and the show. This week I watched an episode that featured 2 Savannah cats who lived with two other cats. There was some serious tension in that house. There was also a cat that had Pica. That was pretty interesting. Jackson rules!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:59 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Damnit. I was really looking forward to watching that on Saturday while I was travelling, and missing my cats. The hotel room tv had a channel for animal planet but when I tuned to it, it was GOLF! :rolleyes: And then Apple screwed up the episode in the itunes store so I couldn't watch it there either.... AAAARGH. Oh well, I have it recorded, I'm back home now and going to watch it tonight :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:12 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Those Savannahs were intimidating! They were F2's but they had to be high percentage, they were HUGE! I feel for those cats being cramped up like that and they weren't even compatible breeds. Also having a bakery with 4 cats in your house :eek: my family doesn't mind eating BB fur lol but I doubt people would pay for it :biggrin: they were sitting on the counter watching her bake. They ended up with a really nice cat room, it actually made me jealous that my cats don't have one lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I finally got to watch it. Great episode! The pica case was really interesting, but the resolution of that one seemed a bit "weak". I'm not really convinced that they are out of the woods. And it was cool seeing the F2 savannah cats. :popcorm1: But yea, the cupcake lady was a complete lunatic. Two happy cuddly little oriental breed cats, then add 2 huge, vicious F2 Savannahs, throw them together, 2 litterboxes for 4 cats, one tiny tree for the orientals to fight over, and surprised that the oriental breeds are suffering. Their proposed solution? Rehome one of the orientals :rolleyes: And the stakes were very high because sometimes she burned her cupcakes.... :rofl: If there was ever a lady that you could look at and say "I'll bet you bake cupcakes for a living" it was her :lol:

One thing that was kind of funny is that I think this is the first show where Jackson didn't do his "let's see where the (Savannah) cat's challenge line is" :laugh2:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yeah i was a little let down with the whole PICA situation to be honest, without a doubt Jackson knows what he is doing. However, I don't think that was through enough for me. I have never heard of pica being treated or managed without medication. It's usually something underlying mentally that triggers that behavior. I have a feeling that episode will let a lot of people down going through that situation.
As far as the Savannahs, I think Jackson learned his lesson with the one that was outside. She laid into him and you could tell by his face it was a little more than your normal cat smack. He didn't push the one on the fridge lol. Hey can you blame him? That looked like one gigantic pissed off feline! I honestly have no idea what that lady was thinking, two cats that were obviously a great combo, add in an eg savannah and then add in another :rolleyes: all of these shows leads me to believe that these animals are not good pets. Breeders swear they are excellent companions and they aren't like eg bengals. They are out going and loving, never shy. I think it takes a TRUE cat person with endless knowledge and resources to raise a Savannah right. Not your neighborhood cupcake lady!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the couple did put the cat with Pica on medication. I don't think I could ever have a Savannah. Especially not an F2. I can barely handle my Bengal. :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Good episode yesterday. One household where two cats weren't getting along, and one of the cats was lashing out at the owners because she was arthritic and being held wrong. Another where a bengal was peeing everywhere. Both problems seemed to have pretty simple solutions, seemingly not much of a challenge for Jackson, but the catification done for the bengal was pretty awesome, and seeing the response from the arthritic cat was instructive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm in the UK but would love to watch this show. Sounds really interesting!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It was a really good episode. I love how Jackson makes everything look so easy! Inappropriate peeing is a hard habit to break, I know first hand, but he had her with no accidents in a short period of time. Those window seats were awesome, and did you see her go after da bird! What is it with bengals and da bird, if you notice every time there has been a bengal on the show he breaks it out first thing. That poor little girl was panting fast. I hope their was a lot of editing done on that time frame. It takes BB about 30 mi uses non stop to get that exhausted. I also like the cat nip cozies!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm always a week behind in catching the episodes. Although so much of it all seems staged and scripted, the approach Jackson takes to these problem cats is amazing. The PICA episode was quite interesting. Raiden doesn't EAT things, but he has this fettish to lick plastic bags. I keep them up and away from him but will allow him to lick one while I'm watching him. I can't imagine having a cat that actually EATS everything. I do believe the veterinarian told the couple there were medications that could help with the anxiety and I do believe they were going to try that. As we saw, it's very dangerous for the cat. The second episode with the two Savannahs was crazy! F2's? She's got her hand full, although they seemed quite domestic. The cat room was beautiful -- that is the way you do it. And she really didn't want 5 litter boxes in the house, but if you have four cats, you need five. And I think that a lot of the owners who post on here about the peeing and other aggressive behavior don't have enough litter boxes and don't think to separate the feeding areas as well as making sure each cat has their own territory to own.

Now I'll see if I have time to watch the episode from last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next