It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: hysterical mother!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello everyone..
just wanted to release some stress on here, some of you parents might understand.. ( my partner couldnt care less :( )

My 18 yr old well travelled & head strong daughter passed her driving test 2 months ago..
great :D
her dad got her a nice new corsa so she is nice and happy..
He offers her a job at one of his restaraunts in southend on sea-essex.
so today of all days she and her boyfriend have left southport, merseyside at 1.30pm to drive with a sat nav all the way there in this weather :shock: its about 5 hours on clear roads with no stops.. :?
she has to go M6, M6 toll, M1, M6, M25 then across essex!
I couldn't pursuede her it was a bad idea - you know what teenagers are like..
she has already lived in australia for 12 months till she got bored..
she is staying at her dads till saturday then they are driving back.. then moving down there for good next week..
am pleased for her, just worried sick..
its made worse by this crap weather... Heeeeeellllllllppppppp!!
Ive text them but still no reply :?
Im sure she will be fine, but God, im all jittery :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Awww bless you, i'm not in your position yet as my son is only 5 - but still...i drove to Luton the other day (in a newly acquired 1.0 litre Nissan Micra :lol:) whilst he was at school and i felt jittery, both for leaving him so far behind and for having to go on the motorways!! (M1, M25)

I have to admit, they're pretty scary places. :shock:
I passed my test 18 months ago and i've only 'done' the Motorway three times. :oops:

But, as you say, your daughter is a confident, headstrong young lady..who seems to have a good head on her shoulders. :wink:

I'm sure she'll be fine..maybe she got caught up in traffic? I would expect they stopped for a break too, 5 hours+ is a long old time behind the wheel.

There tends to be more traffic when the weather is awful as everyone drives. It's calmed down a bit here, we had the worst of the weather this morning.

Let us know when you hear from her - and in the meantime, have a nice cup of tea or a glass of wine and relax. :wink:
xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh poor you Sue, I certainly do understand completely. I'm a nervous wreck everytime my 16-year old daughter goes out, and she is an extremely sensible and mature young girl (not made easier by males swooning over her too cos she is gorgeous)

Horrid weather always makes us worry more for kidlings, but your daughter will will fine, like Pauline said they have probably just got caught up in traffic and had a stop rest. Take a deep breath, and grab a glass of wine, give the catlings a cuddle too! :D XX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi sweetie,

don't panic. i live in southend & the weather isn't too bad here. a bit blowy & drizzly but nothing else. we have snow predicted for tomorrow but she should be safely settled before then.

are you on talking terms with her dad? hopefully between the two of you you can keep tabs on her journey. like the others have said, it could be traffic or a rest break. she could also have not read your text, worrying that you might be trying to talk her out of it or "nagging" in her eyes.

it's better to give her your blessing & support & she'll be more likely to communicate. as she's with her boyfriend maybe it would be ok to actually phone her, as he could answer? let her know you just want to be reassured that the journey is going well as you're concerned about her.

big hugs to you, call me if you need to bend an ear, always welcome. xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks so much everyone for your replies :D
Yay...
she arrived safe and sound.. :D
There was I, hysterical, and she arrived half an hour ago, and is now in a restaraunt with her boyfriend and father, all giggling away and she sounds as fresh as a daisy... cow! haha
She said her journey was fine, no problems!!
meanwhile..
I went to the gym to try and relax :wink:
I will have a nice JD n coke now and watch american Idol whilst comparing my voice to those in the states :shock:
scary thought :lol:
tally & spots, I don't think we will ever stop panicking about our 'babies' no matter how young/old they are.. we are destined to be hysterical mothers for life lol..
I have two boys (9 & 13)as well, they are banned from leaving home ever haha
love sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Chuffed she got there ok Sue. Was going to ring you last night but thought i better not block up the phone line with me yarkin on :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:34 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Tracey, thanks hun,
you know you are more than welcome to ring..
I was out between 7pm & 8.30ish..
trying to take my mind off it.. :wink:
the perils of being a parent eh!!

Hey are you being a spectater at the show tomorrow???
if so make sure you have a large coffee wiv me.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 pm 
Bengal Cat

Glad she arrived safely. I'm going to be like that when mine are older too. I think all parents feel the same!