PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm 
Bengal Cat

since November 20th
in the Heywood Lancashire area
Freddie
ginger marbled moggy with very long and skinny tail
very friendly soft 4 year old

if he has found another home fine but want to know

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: missing moggy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh, he is beautiful! I hope you find him or he returns home. I think most people when they see a cat think it has a home unless it just starts hanging around and won't leave. I really hope you two are reunited. I hope you've posted flyers and checked in with your neighbors in case they've spotted him. I really am so very sorry. I had my kitty go missing March 1 and I continue to look for him every day. I sent out over 1,800 postcards and flyers and received numerous phone calls, having to check out each and every one of them, walking my neighborhood and neighboring areas daily. It was an exhausting two months until I just had to stop or suffer a nervous breakdown. I still miss him today, even though I now have a Bengal. I don't know how it is in the UK, but I also sent flyers to all the area vets and animal hospitals and they all graciously posted the flyer and called me several months later to see if he had been found. The good thing is I met a lot of my neighbors during this time, but I miss my Bear to this very day and would welcome him back with open arms if he returned home. Sadly, I may never know what happened to him. I hope that's not the case with your Freddie!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm 
Bengal Cat

Thanks Sherry
Still no sign but he is on the local RSPCA and Cat protection league Facebook and website pages
His previous owner said he had had 2 other homes before her so I think he has,well I hope,he has found somewhere else and has not ended up as a casualty
He has/had a lovely soft manner so wuld be ideal for a family.
Luckily we have had another cat hanging around for the last 2 months,we thought she had a home but we now assume she hasn't as she has been sleeping on my scooter,under a cover,for the last 2 weeks.She came in on Tuesday night but will now not leave our house so I think we have hijacked (a term used by someone at work as we have now had 3 cats that adopted us from other homes) another cat. We have called her Tabs (short for Tabitha) as she is tabby/torti very small older female cat. Even if Freddie returns we will be keeping her unless someone comes forward to claim her.
Had to flea her tonight and dematt her fur as the fur on her back was very matted.Luckily she did not mind and now looks better,hence we think she has been living rough for a few months.
I think you never own a cat ........they own you and you are their food slave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh I am so sorry your baby is still missing. I still hold out hope for my missing kitty -- it's been almost 9 months. Thankfully, I have Raiden, my Bengal, now. I don't know if cats come to stay for a while and just move on down the road at some point. You'd like to think the kitty has found a wonderful new home - just as you take new kitties in. Keep holding out hope.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:28 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hope so,Freddie was so soft in nature but it turns out he had already had 3 homes,speaking to his previous owner
below is a picture of Tabs

Both my stepdad and brother have offered to buy us a kitten but as my hubby said there are plenty of older cats that need a home

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's been 10 days now. I look at his picture and he's just so spectacularly beautiful! I know what you're going through. I've been there. It truly doesn't get easier with time. I think it's the closure that matters most. Either the kitty comes back home, or you find out what has happened to him. I am so very sorry that Freddie is still missing.