It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:45 am 
Bengal Kitten

I personally root for the Spurs. Since the majority of you here are from the UK...I figure there have to be some Premier League fans on here. Being over here in the States, everybody thinks I'm crazy for following the game....it also sucks waking up every weekend morning to watch the Spurs play.

Oh...and you Gooners still suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm a Manchester United season ticket holder and have been going to games for the past 30 years. And before someone asks, yes I do come from Manchester even though I live in Cumbria now! I used to go to every game, home and away (went to every game in the treble season, including the Champions League final in Barcelona), but have cut back to home games and the occasional away game now due to cost.

My kitties are showing signs of following in my footsteps - they love to sit and watch football on the TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:32 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, I am new here, but I enjoy watching football. My local team is struggling in the championship unfortunately, but I like watching any premiership game on tv, as long as the game is a good one, with goals, skill and excitement!! I don't ask for too much.....do I??!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi scarlett, happy new year :D

head on over to the info section & introduce yourself & your lovely little snow kitten xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not a fan of football, I lurrrrve Rugby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

MoshiandIndianasMum wrote:
I'm not a fan of football, I lurrrrve Rugby!

you'd like it here then Gemma, Twickenham Rugby stadium on the doorstep, and cheap tickets 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've been twice to watch England vs Barbarians and loved it, I need to go again lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have been to watch rugby a couple of times, and it is exciting! Unfortunately I don't understand totally what is going on and just cheer for both teams as they get more and more muddy!!

Its FAcup day today (in football of course) so good luck to all those 'underdog' teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Liverpool is my favourite club (My dad has allways been ManU suporter :D)! But our national team is number one to me. I enjoy football too, but icehockey is my thing, really :)

Katja - Humble servant of Hannibal, Attila, Lara and Bertha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not a mad football fan but I do join in with the civic pride side of things as Reading made it to the premiership last year. Otherwise I couldn't be arsed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

scarlett wrote:
Unfortunately I don't understand totally what is going on and just cheer for both teams as they get more and more muddy!!

haha! good plan :lol:

i'm not into any sports really, don't mind watching a few footie world cup games to join in with the atmosphere & i have friends who love arsenal, so now & again i'll watch a game with them & support on their behalf...but i like the atmosphere mainly & all the fun songs. i wouldn't mind going to a match to experience the atmosphere first hand, i can imagine it's good fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, football here is a totally different sport. Here in the States, my favorite football (NFL) team is the umm...cough...Denver Broncos :oops: :oops: :oops: . They really sucked this year though. :oops: :oops: Hopefully they will do better next season.

I don't really keep up with soccer here. The whole country is abuzzed with the arrival of David Beckham though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Was there really lots of excitement about Beckham? Over here we weren't sure if it was just the English media hyping it up or whether it was real.

I'm a Manchester United fan and have watched Beckham since he was a youngster. As a fan it's great to see a gangly, spotty faced kid develop into a world class footballer. Shame he sold his soul to the media after he met his Spice Girl bimbo wife. I used to travel to away games in Europe with his parents (when they were together) who are both lovely people and David himself is always very pleasant when you meet him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

ginnym wrote:
Was there really lots of excitement about Beckham? Over here we weren't sure if it was just the English media hyping it up or whether it was real.

Yeah, it was real. Both he and his bimbo Spice Girl wife are plastered all over the place. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:48 pm 
Bengal Kitten

The canaries of course :D