It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

BenLinz wrote:
husband who is a nurse asks if it is near any of your bra fittings?

says it looks like possibly a localised allergy? and suggested if its near the bra fittings, they are often made of nickel with is a known allergen

either way says it really doesnt look like ringworm

It's probably an inch or so below the clasp of my bra, not that it doesn't slide around sometimes. Honestly, I thought of that earlier so it's funny you mention it. Tell him I said thanks! And thank you for checking up on that!

Boyfriend really made me nervous with his ringworm theory. I know in the pics it just looks like more of a sore, but in person there really is a darker more evident ring surround the middle of it. That's why I thought it was possibly ringworm. For some reason the pictures make it seem like its one big solid red mark.

=)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

keep an eye on it, if you're worried. If it is ring worm, you will get a few more patches in a short space of time.

Get yourself some hydroquarterzone 1%, it will get rid of that, if it's jut a reaction or eczema. You can buy it over the counter in the UK, not sure about the US but worth asking about x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
Bengal Cat

You can get ringworm from animals, yes...I once got ringworm from a client at work :evil: ( I am a registered massage therapist) and it looked at first like what your pics show, and then after a short time the center got clear and it spread. The ringworm was not itchy though. An anti fungal cream took care of it. Like one poster said whose husband is a nurse, it does look like more of a contact dermatitis right now from your pics...I am highly allergic to nickel and have to paint jean grommets, bra metal, certain earrings etc with clear nail polish to wear them...or I get a similar unbearably itchy weeping mark! :)

Kristin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm 
Bengal Cat

Kristin8 wrote:
You can get ringworm from animals, yes...I once got ringworm from a client at work :evil: ( I am a registered massage therapist) and it looked at first like what your pics show, and then after a short time the center got clear and it spread. The ringworm was not itchy though. An anti fungal cream took care of it. Like one poster said whose husband is a nurse, it does look like more of a contact dermatitis right now from your pics...I am highly allergic to nickel and have to paint jean grommets, bra metal, certain earrings etc with clear nail polish to wear them...or I get a similar unbearably itchy weeping mark! :)

Kristin

but what you describe except the itching to me sounds like ringworm...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Kristin8 wrote:

Kristin

We thoroughly looked the boys over and all is clear with them or so it seems. Wouldn't we be able to tell if they had it just by looking through their fur? That's what worries me the most... where it came from if that's what it is. Then we would have to deal with treating the kitties and whatnot if they were the culprits.

Just trying to make sense of it and i'm frustrated because i am such a hygiene freak and idk how on earth this came about. lol. I was putting hydrocortizone cream on it for the itchiness (which seems to be getting worse and worse) and it didn't do much at all for the actual physical appearance of it. I looked at a million pictures of dermatitis and mine looks much more like ringworm than dermatitis which seems a lot more blotted, but of course i'm no professional by any means. Going to talk to a friend of a friend who is a dermatologist this morning and see what they think and if they can just call something in. Between work and the holiday there is no way i'll be able to see someone at an office.

I didn't know that ringworm doesn't generally itch. Whatever I have is driving me craaaazy. Very interesting. This morning, like you mentioned in your case, the center cleared up. This is what it looks like now:

Thanks for your help, Kristin. Hopefully I get to the bottom of this and it has nothing to do with the kitties. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

now it looks like ringworm
:shock:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

yeah that looks like a sore ring worm.

ringworm generally takes the hair away, so you would see it in your bengal, as their would be patches of hair missing.

You could have caught it from any number of things, pretty easy to catch tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

mike_n_tammy wrote:

Yeah I was not too thrilled when I woke up this morning. I am just SO confused as to how it got there. And on my back - really? lol. What the heck!!

The ONLY time my back has been even remotely exposed was when I was at the pool the other day... the day before this thing became incredibly inflamed. I was laying on a lawn chair by the pool, but I had a beach towel from home draped over the chair as usual.

So weird...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Greeneyes wrote:
yeah that looks like a sore ring worm.

ringworm generally takes the hair away, so you would see it in your bengal, as their would be patches of hair missing.

You could have caught it from any number of things, pretty easy to catch tbh.

Sorry Greeneyes, didn't see your comment before. I just assumed that it was more of a contact thing. Like my back would actually have to come in contact with the fungus in order for it to flare up in that spot. So if I came in contact with it at all, it could just appear in totally random places?

Sorry if that's a stupid question..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

tephiestephie wrote:
mike_n_tammy wrote:

Yeah I was not too thrilled when I woke up this morning. I am just SO confused as to how it got there. And on my back - really? lol. What the heck!!

The ONLY time my back has been even remotely exposed was when I was at the pool the other day... the day before this thing became incredibly inflamed. I was laying on a lawn chair by the pool, but I had a beach towel from home draped over the chair as usual.

So weird...

there is no telling where it came from..i got it once and i just used some that over the counter athletes foot cream and went right away :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks, Tammy. I'll see what Brett's contact says about it. Hopefully I can get something today because this thing is sooooo itchy! I put a band aid over it so that my shirt doesn't irritate it but I'm starting to think maybe it should breathe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got mine across my tummy, which was clothed at the time of touching my horse.

any chance of it being caught from work?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Greeneyes wrote:
I got mine across my tummy, which was clothed at the time of touching my horse.

any chance of it being caught from work?

Interesting.

Don't think it's from work. I sit at a desk all day pushing paper. I do walk home from work sometimes and it's about a 30 minute walk and I wear a sports bra. I know that sometimes sweat and constant moisture can be associated with is but its not like the bra rubs on that area or anything. It's just below it. =/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Looks like it to me...

simple cure - thrush cream - I kid you not lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

an anti fungal cream will sort it, til then, I would wash your bras that you've worn recently, in a hot cycle