It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

SAFARI MOM wrote:
yeah i have a fake tree i put up every year.....with plastic balls.... i noticed that ALL day i will gone at work and safari does not mess up one thing....as soon as i get home and im not paying attention to him....he decided he was going to go undo the ribbon wrapped around the x-mas tree on purpose just to be bad & also try to knock the balls off:evil: he soo funny...

yes, but i also decided I give mine a xmas treat by allowing to go to neighbour garden to have a go to climb up very large xmas trees ! they must be around 20 m high and there are 5 different trees there. that should be lot of fun for them!! hope they enjoy it !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

thats does sound like fun!! im so scared about safari climbing trees because he wants to get really high but then he has a hard time getting down :shock: so no more tree climbing for him :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

laurel wrote:
I would be carefull with real xmas trees.
Even though it sounds like lot of fun, you need to remember that your cat may injury himself or get toxicated.

with real xmas trees 2 main things can be dangerous to your cat :

1) pine needles. If eaten they can punctuate internal organs
2) water in the stand. we all know bengals love water and may drink it from the stand and get toxicated

also some other Xmas plants are toxic to cats, these are :
Holly,
mistletoe,
poinsettias

I am sticking to all fake stuff and plastic balls

That is very interesting. I've had real Christmas trees all my life around cats who have climbed on them and such, and have never thought about that. I had no idea the pine could be damaging, although I suppose that makes sense. A
I will keep an eye on that. I will be putting my Christmas tree in the den as it is, and the door will be closed unless we are home to supervise. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We are all ready now ! waiting for Xmas !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How on earth did you manage to not only have gifts under your tree , but wrapped gifts at that ! I dont understand?!? I tried wrapping gifts over the weekend for an up coming dinner/Christmas party by the time I had wrapped two 45 minutes had passed and one was chewed up :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

bkilgore wrote:
How on earth did you manage to not only have gifts under your tree , but wrapped gifts at that ! I dont understand?!? I tried wrapping gifts over the weekend for an up coming dinner/Christmas party by the time I had wrapped two 45 minutes had passed and one was chewed up :roll:

lol
I waited when they gone to sleep and then quietly (!!) went to the kitchen and locked the door . lol lol
thats our 48 hours now without major incidents. Frosty has been attacked though, so had to go to the very top of the tree away from little monsters lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two are messing with my head by completely ignoring the tree and decorations since we put them up on saturday.... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Kitsu wrote:
My two are messing with my head by completely ignoring the tree and decorations since we put them up on saturday.... :shock:

All 5 of mine are ignoring my tree and decs too - Maybe our cats are in secret cahoots for a mass take down :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lacemoat wrote:
Kitsu wrote:

All 5 of mine are ignoring my tree and decs too - Maybe our cats are in secret cahoots for a mass take down :twisted:

Quite possibly. Maybe they are waiting for Christmas day, then some sort of Catsignal will appear in the sky and there will be synchronised Christmas tree devastation world wide :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

before & after of what safari did to my tree :evil: ......he left it alone for like a week i think...he only messed and try to destroy it when i was home & he wanted attention...bad kitty! :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

SAFARI MOM wrote:
before & after of what safari did to my tree :evil: ......he left it alone for like a week i think...he only messed and try to destroy it when i was home & he wanted attention...bad kitty! :P

LOL
it looks like he really enjoyed it !!

we were strategically avoiding all detacheable decorations on the tree.
but our staircase decoration did not avoid destructions and is a mess now. Clive takes off all dangly bits from the staircase decoration and brings them to my bedroom - good boy ! and Indiya prefers to chew and bite of what Clive has left behind!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i know what you mean :roll: i put a few trinkets up to decorate....well safari wont mess with any thing all day when im at work but once im home & he wants attention he will destroy all decorations just to be bad.....the only good news is when we take the tree down it wont take long :lol: