It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i just found this elsewhere, & i know some people on here may have reptiles or know people who have. i'm not familiar with this illness but it sounds pretty serious, so if it helps people be aware it can only be a good thing to post it.

also, the person who posted it apologises to admin, & i agree with the comment...i don't mean to advertise other forums openly but i think in a case like this it is an exception & it's not a bengal forum so shouldn't steal any of our members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all i hate to be the one to bring you this but it has to be cross posted as far and wide round the UK as possible

THERE MAY POSSIBLEY BE AN OUTBREAK OF THE PARAMYXOVIRUS

Now people that have been in the hobby for a long time will know that this isnt good

for all the infor please dont bother reading all the 30 odd pages just
jump to page 31 after reading the first post it has all the info regarding the virus on there it is also saying that the person who suspects to have the virus is refusing to post the results of the PM she has had done on her snake

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/6 ... break.html

FEEL FREE TO CROSS POST THIS ON TO AS IM SURE others WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALSO. UNLESS THEY ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT IN WHICH CASE

admin this isnt intended to get people on to other forums but its the only way to contact the whole of the reptile comunity hope you understand

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:23 pm 
No problems at all with you posting this....

Is anyone mad enough to own a Bengal and a snake? :shock: Would be an interesting combination - don't cats have an instinctive fear of snakes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

thanks gavin, i didn't want to upset anyone, but felt it neccessary to pass the word on through any available means :D

the reason i thought of posting it here was "the other pets" thread in the gallery, as claire (bouncy bengals) has a corn snake.

let's just hope it doesn't affect anyone if everyone is aware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:33 pm 
Well spotted Ren, up until a few months ago I had a few reptiles, but moved onto the Furries... Better to know & be prepared & than not know at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gavin wrote:
No problems at all with you posting this....

Is anyone mad enough to own a Bengal and a snake? :shock: Would be an interesting combination - don't cats have an instinctive fear of snakes?

Thanks Ren - Gavin all my cats love watching my snake - they all sit on the table infront of the viv watching his evey move, and when I get him out and put him in another smaller tank for feeding they all stare at him and put there noses right up to the glass.

They all seem fasinated with him. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:55 am 
:lol: What happens if you let him out loose with the Bengals? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gavin wrote:
:lol: What happens if you let him out loose with the Bengals? :wink:

I havnt tried that one yet - Although I think the cats would probaly eat him. :shock: