It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks a lot, Isaac!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thought I'd share some pics/video of what Tropical Storm Isaac did to us here in south Florida. Thank goodness it wasn't a direct hit or anything (I hope everyone still in it's path will turn out alright) but we sure did get a TON of rain! It rained non-stop for two days straight, and today has been on and off. Apparently our area got it worst, with 14-15 inches of rain and flooding so bad that most roads are closed down. OH had a hard time finding a way home from work last night because of all the water, lol.

Video and picture my mom took of their neighborhood after the storm passed:

Arial view of our currently very soggy town from one of the news stations:

The golf course behind out house this morning, after some of the water had already subsided:

Aside from all the water, wind gusts didn't seem to be too bad (20-50 mi/hr being the norm). Just a lot of debris and our mailbox got blown off the post. :roll: Supposedly there was a tornado in a neighboring county that tore stuff up pretty bad though. =/

And last but not least, I had to throw these in here. Just some videos I took of Loki while we were sitting by the window watching stuff blow around during one of the 'calm' parts of the storm (you wouldn't have caught me anywhere near a window when the wind/rain was in full-force, lol).

Post subject: Re: Thanks a lot, Isaac!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Haha. Yeah there were people wake-boarding on the back of trucks yesterday in a couple of my friends neighborhoods. Pretty ridiculous. And a bunch of cars underwater over by the swamp land that is the Sawgrass Mills Mall. Boyfriend actually had to go to work yesterday morning. I was really trying to figure out who his boss thought was going to go out in the weather yesterday to buy cell phones (he is a manager for Verizon). Weather was horrendous yesterday and Sunday, for sure. Thankfully we got all of our weekend errands and took Bauer to the vet on Friday! ;) Mostly, it's just palm tree debris all over the place.. like we didn't have enough of that already.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

tephiestephie wrote:
Haha. Yeah there were people wake-boarding on the back of trucks yesterday in a couple of my friends neighborhoods. Pretty ridiculous. And a bunch of cars underwater over by the swamp land that is the Sawgrass Mills Mall. Boyfriend actually had to go to work yesterday morning. I was really trying to figure out who his boss thought was going to go out in the weather yesterday to buy cell phones (he is a manager for Verizon). Weather was horrendous yesterday and Sunday, for sure. Thankfully we got all of our weekend errands and took Bauer to the vet on Friday! ;) Mostly, it's just palm tree debris all over the place.. like we didn't have enough of that already.

I don't know why people like to go out and play in the standing water when it floods, just seems so unsanitary! >.<

I feel so bad for all the people whose cars are now underwater, and especially for the ones who have water coming up to their houses. :( OH said there was even water on the floor of the post office when he had to go there yesterday. He had to work too, which I wasn't too happy about him driving an hour in that weather, but his job really did require him to be there in case the nasty weather caused people to have extra problems (he does computer stuff, forget the technical title).

Lol @ the palm tree debris remark, aint that the truth...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

echoplexia wrote:
I don't know why people like to go out and play in the standing water when it floods, just seems so unsanitary! >.<

Lol. little kids are gross. If i've learned anything from being a little kid it's that they want to do the most disgusting things possible. Just as I have learned that what bengal kittens want to do the most is find the highest point of any room they are in to jump down from and potentially kill themselves -.-. A friend of mine made a very funny comment though about the kids frolicking in the flood water. She's like "These kids are disgusting! Where do they think all that dog poop that was up in the front yard goes when it floods?" <.< Jokes on them, and a happy ringworm infestation to all. >.>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ouch :(