[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - cat ruining me & the BF : /
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

so me & the BF been together over 7yrs now... and yesterday all hell broke loose :x .......and this adorbale cat stroller was straw that broke the camels back http://www.ebay.com/itm/280502659030?va ... 497.l2649..

so i told him how i bought this and he freaks out :shock: !!! saying this whole cat thing has gone to far and blah blah....saying i walk it on a leash which is crazy enough and now a stroller...saying that im toliet training my cat and it makes a mess in the bathroom...saying that i have to bring the cat everywhere we go....saying everytime i go somewhere i always bring back a cat toy...i made him build a huge condo tree for my cat. soo i guess hes fed up......

well this made me freak out and blow up on him :twisted: saying that i walk him because he is a energetic cat and enjoys walks...plus my condo is small and he likes getting out. we do not have a house yet (prob sometime this yr) and i toliet train him because it will save with litter and the mess...( he only has one week left and should be fully trained) and hes a only cat so i give him toys cause he likes them. and also the cat enjoys getting out the house & going for rides....safari has only been to his sisters house when we go over there because she doesnt have any pets just kids and the kids love seeing safari....

sooo it really upsets me that he doesnt see things the way i do :| . he is a country boy who likes fishing and we live in a small hick town. he is OBSSESED with fishing...i go with him sometimes but i dont get mad because he enjoys fishing....just like i enjoy safari. we both went to bed MAD :twisted: im still mad about it today..we both didnt try to say sorry or fix anything. well sorry to vent on here to yall but being i know yall love cats as much as me i was wondering yalls input...sorry for the novel :?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I admit I don't understand the point of the stroller. What does the cat get out of it? It can't explore. To me it's just a further "babyfication" of your animal (by which I mean not treating your cat as an animal, but as a human baby).

If your boyfriend has been supportive of the cat up to now, then I'd say leave it alone. Personally I would be very embarrassed to be seen with that stroller.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i have the same stroller..i live on the 30th floor in downtown tampa..i have to have it to take my cats to the park to walk them...they love it...it is very necessary....for me anyways...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I admit also, I see no point in the stroller. The cat gets no exercise from it and it, as said above is trying your cat as a human and not an animal. If your BF has been supportive up until the stroller then leave it be. Relationships are give/take and he seems to have given a lot if he feels that buggy is a step-to-far.

Cats are brilliant companions and make good additions to family but if you're in a relationship then you need to think of others too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:10 pm 
Senior Bengal

Sorry to hear you had a row with the boyfriend, hopefully things will sort themselves out. I'm kinda lucky as my OH is as into our cat as I am, although he has called me 'crazy cat lady' several times! :)

I was actually looking at the strollers on ebay the other day and was considering getting one myself. My reason being Eric does not like walking on busy roads with cars (they spook him) and isn't massively keen on open spaces either. I get a little fed up of having to drive to then walk, so was thinking this would be a great way for me to get a bit more exercise and to get to the woods without driving, or having to pick Eric up and carry him. I think they can really have their uses.

I also don't think it matters what other people think as long as you and Safari are happy. I have people say 'don't you get embarrassed walking your cat?' No, is the simple answer. It is for his well being and I really enjoy it too.
I would quite happily take my puss places in that stroller! ( Maybe not a pink one, as my puss is a boy!!! :mrgreen: )

I also really admire the fact you have toilet trained Safari!! I'm glad it has been successful for you :) And you will save a fortune in litter, not to mention having to clean litter trays etc.

I could be really really wrong here ( and this does sound slightly ridiculous!!) but maybe your man is feeling a little neglected. And maybe even a little jealous of all the attention Safari gets! Maybe he needs reminding he's as important to you as Safari. Like I said though, that could be way out!

Relationships are about compromise. As Paiviaso said If your boyfriend has been supportive of the cat up until now, maybe he was just having a bad day. You just need to talk things through, good luck with getting it all sorted.

Lets see some pics of Safari in the stroller too :) x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know loads of peeps with strollers they use them to get the cat to an area that is safe to walk the cat, so they do have uses, i have to cross a main road to get to the woods opposite me and whilst shiloh will happily sit at the traffic lights waiting for green on his leash my others wont, so for them i just use an over the shoulder carrier to take them over... lots of people use them for shows too xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wouldn't be caught dead with the stroller. I can see its benefit in a populated area like Miami. Or a busy road but I walk my cat on busy roads well actually we can usually find another route. And who needs to bring a cat to downtown Miami anyways.

I can guarantee you BF is feeling neglected I've been in a similar situation. Mg GF loved her cat more than me and I bought her the cat. I'd never have admitted it but that was the cause. You can't tell him you know this. Just say your right why don't we do something together (without safari ) or at least talk about activities you can do together. If my gf wanted me to walk her cat on a leash "Hell No!" But I'm happy walking Pouncey.

Maybe he needs his own cat :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

thanks viperkeeper :mrgreen:

and when i asked him to come walk it was in a open field with nobody around....not a sole...and he still complained...

i know he loves safari too cause when hes here he always plays with him but i do all the work with safari.... :roll: and maybe he has been feeling left out and neglected...but on the weekends we do stuff together...like sometimes we go out at night or do dinner...or a BBQ at his friends house...or fising together....i mean i surprised him with SAINTS tickets to this fridays game.. just me & him .( cant bring the cat there) so i dont know....goood thing we dont have any kids cause we sure wouldnt make it...a kitten is already starting arguments.. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

THAT bag is cute!! yeah i wish it would wear off....i just bought him a rhymestone collar...its breakaway but the BF is going to be mad....i wont tell him though...but the big stroller im pretty sure he would see that. :lol: the BF blows all his $ on fishing crap so i dont mind spending mine on kitty crap :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My bf has told me off for buying Willow too many toys so I've stopped for a bit. She doesn't need what I'm buying but like you she's an only cat and I guess I feel guilty about it, hence all the toys! I'm looking forward to Christmas as an excuse! :wink: We've also had disagreements about taking Willow out for walks and to the woods but as we're nowhere near that stage yet I left it and will reintroduce it to him slowly. Maybe hold off buying the stroller and slowly get him used to walking with Safari before bringing it up again, then he might see it as useful?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

well i realized the stroller only I would be using because the BF would never been seen with it....and i gave up on asking the BF to come walk with us :roll: .....so i do it on my own anyway so dont know why he is getting all in a huff about what i buy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

At the end of the day your cat is your hobby, interest, pet etc - my hubby supports EVERYTHING I do, and never moans or anything, I guess I am lucky but I do think being jealous of a cat is STOOOOPID if it is the case lol
....and sorry guys but so what if YOU don't see the point in the stroller , you don't have to have one. If you want a stroller get a stroller if not don't...I think it looks cool lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Personally, i find the stroller a bit much but as Lacemoat said, i don't have to have one. I have seen them in use at cat shows where i can see a purpose. I have also seen one being used at a vets. I saw lots being used in the US when visiting my brother. He lives in Dallas and, whilst walking in Dallas is not a popular passtime :roll: , i saw a fair few out on the streets. Impossible to say if they were for cats or dogs though. Years ago a snapped a photo of a woman walking an old type pram with lacy sheets and little curtains at the pram hood. This was in New York. As i got closer i realised it was for a dog, i was amused to say the least :roll: It was my first experience of anything like that and it seemed truly odd... i will hunt the picture out.

My husband humours me with my cats. He did say when he met me that i was allowed a maximum of 3, cats and babies. I now have 4 cats, 7 kittens and 0 babies. We shall be keeping a kitten so that makes me 2 above my allowance :roll: :D We may still get the human baby, although the jury is out at the moment.... since cats can be referred to as fur-babies, my husband would like to know if human babies are know as skin-kittens ???? :lol:

I think people are so different when it comes to pets and what one does for theirs as a form of love is completely alien to another. It doesn't make either wrong necessarily, just different. I'm sure your boyfriend loves Safari in his way, he just doesn't understand your way. I would, maybe, relax on the 'crazy' buying for a little while and ease back into it gradually. Lull him into a false sense of security thinking he has won and just slowly add things. Resist the temptation to buy 1 more toy when you are out, see if he notices you haven't done it. You never know, he may even think of doing it instead. You won't be depriving Safari, just seeing the bigger picture and planning for the long haul :wink: Men's brains are fairly simple so he will never guess what the plan is (hides from the male forum members). My husband actually asked me which kitten we were going to keep from this litter before i even mentioned anything so my subtle hinting months ago worked :D :D