It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AVATARS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello. I'm still not sure of the best way to attach a small pic of my lovely cats to the bottom of my posts. Is it possible to have one appear automatically (attached to my signature) or do I have to embed it there each time?
Also, where do you all get these lovely framed and animated (Toastpoke's love hearts!) pictures done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You need to make the picture and host it somewhere first, tinypic, flickr, etc etc etc.

Then you add the pic to your sig in your profile settings.

A sig pic should really be no larger than 600 pixels across and 150 pixels high otherwise it causes excessive scrolling for people with smaller displays.

Animated pics are made with GIF images, I think there are a few online animated gif generating sites about but I usually make them with photoshop.

If you want me to make you a sig pic drop me a pm and I will give you an email address to send some photos to use ;)

Alternatively, have a look here http://www.bengalcatforums.com/forums/v ... php?t=3393 Maddy will make you a sig pic for a small donation to the Lightning Fund for HCM research - this would be the best option as it is helping our beloved breed ;)

I am not sure if maddy can do animated, but if not I can take the static pic she makes and add an animation to it like the Toastface/ Snowpoke one ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks v much Louise. I have photobucket so hopefully that will work.
I shall look out some photos and go down the donation route. I'm not too bothered about the animation - though it is very sweet - I was just interested in how it was done. I use a computer in my job every day but not in a creative way unfortunately!

Post subject: Re: AVATARS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lolol Toastpoke's love hearts! I made the hearts on photoshop and then used this site to make it into a gif: http://www.myspacegens.com/handler.php? ... matedimage