[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Getting Ready for Bed
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:37 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I took a couple of new photos of my "growing up girls" last night -- as they were " helping me get ready for bed" -- Just thought I'd share :)

This is Crescent -- she is waiting to see if I get a toy, for a "last minute game"

This is Victoria's favorite place to stand, until I get under the covers ;)

I just love them to pieces :D

LaVon Fabian
"fancidots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:52 am 
awww, how lovely.

Do they sleep on your bed with you???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gavin -

I had to laugh when I read your question! I have a bed FULL of cats. Both Crescent and Victoria sleep with me. As well as Sasquatch, Hatter, Casper and sometimes Tiger, too !!!
They have their own little "positioning" thing they do. LOL

Sasquatch - who is 14 years old and weighs in at almost 17 pounds, has slept on my pillow, between my headboard and my head since he was a tiny kitten. That spot is HIS - -and he allows NO ONE to forget it.

Tiger who is 8 years old and weighs about 12 pounds, sometimes sleeps on the cat tree, near my bedroom window -- but other times, sleeps to my left just below my chest level on the bed, so that he can get the left hand pet, without cramping me. When he wants there -- no one argues.

Hatter LOVES to sleep ON my feet -- which is sometimes annoying since he weighs almost 14 pounds... but at least he isn't fighting for the OTHER spots. Occasionally, when Tiger is asleep on the tree -- Hatter will come up to Tiger's "spot" and get a belly scratch.

Casper always sleeps to my right. When the "girls" joined the family -- they were not too interested in joining the crowd... but as they have gotten more "bonded" with me (and Casper who is my most gentle cat) -- they like to curl up with him on the right side (there is more room, there - LOL) And as of late, they are the FIRST ones on the bed, when I start turning out lights, and quite often, when I get in bed, while everyone else is getting "in position" they sit and "watch" for Casper to get comfortable -- then Victoria gets between Casper and me (often WEDGED) -- and Crescent lays down on the other side of Casper -- just in reach for a nite-nite ear rub. (smile) He is a cuddle cat -- and the moment they surround him, he begins to purr contentedly.

I am very bonded with my cats. They all know they are SPECIAL and LOVED. Even though I work full time -- they each demand their own time with me at night and on weekends. There are rarely fights -- because they all KNOW they will get their "mommy time"

My son, who has just returned home from military service walked into my room one night, to ask me a question just as I was settling in, but was not asleep yet -- and when he saw the cats - he laughed so loud he made them SCATTER :D

I know a lot of people couldn't STAND to be surrounded by so many cats -- and certainly couldn't SLEEP that way -- but it is very comforting and comfortable, to me -- and evidently the cats agree. :lol: Just look at any photo of a basket full of kittens -- and that's ME with my babies :)

I suppose it is a GOOD thing for all of them that I do not toss and turn in my sleep. I often wake up in the morning, to find all of them pretty much in the same place they were, when I fall to sleep.

High activity play time in the evenings - and a full tummy from bedtime snack assure me there isn't a lot of rambling and CAT activity when we all get ready for bed. :)

LaVon
"fancidots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:32 pm 
LOL are you going to have room for the new boy when he arrives?

Ours currently get shut in the kitchen to sleep till they are a bit older, that way they won't get into mischeif or lose the way to the toilet in the night :lol: Don't cry at all, they are as good as gold, go to sleep and stay that way till we wake up B)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:04 am 
Fancidot,

How sweet that they all sleep on your bed.

Gavin is away all of next week on a course, and I can tell you a secret. Zeus and Hestia won't be sleeping in the kitchen. They can choose there proud spot on my bed to keep me company.

When he comes back, he will discover his side of the bed has been taking up by two bengals. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Siobhan -

Once you ever let them snuggle up with you -- it's hard to EVER go back!

"ME" being a prime example of -- "Oh, I'd NEVER allow an animal to sleep on my bed" ---
To having a bed FULL of cats - and wondering if I'm crowding THEM :D

Gavin will just have to realize ONCE how sweet they are, snuggled up with you at bedtime (grin) and then there will be NO going back to "babies in the kitchen, in their own bed" LOL

And, I think they bond MUCH more closely with their "people" when they have that opportunity to cuddle which only sleeping with you gives them. (smile)

fancidots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:57 am 
Fancidots,

I totally agree.

Are you reading this Gav. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:50 am 
It's ok for you women, but how about when said bengals get attracted to things flapping about in the night? :o

OUCH :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Have to laugh aloud at this one, Gavin ;)

My boyfriend (male partner) sometimes spends the night at my home with me -- and the cats "make room" for him quite nicely -- and thus far, he has never experienced the "OUCH" to which you refer
:lol:

As I said -- when everything "settles down" and gets quiet and I'm ready for SLEEP is when they congregate. Laughably - when the bed is "rocking" they stay away... when thing get QUIET -- they make their cautious approach.

Thus far, Tiger is the only one who prefers to sleep "next to" my guy --- The others tend to sleep on the "other side of me" Sasquatch STILL demands his space on the pillow above my head -- and Casper, Victoria and Crescent make their little "catpile" and often Hatter tries VERY hard to STRETCH out as FAR as possible, in order to have PART of his body over my ankles, and the other part touching my partner's feet. (He hasn't quite gotten brave enough to "test" to see if my partner's much larger feet would send him flying, or not) Though I'm quite sure he wouldn't intentionally kick Hatter -- he adores him, and thinks Hatter is quite the comical fellow.

He (my partner) thankfully is quite the animal lover, himself. He has 2 outdoor dogs (LARGE dogs) two rescue cats who also live outdoors, but have a nice "cat house" on his back deck for refuge from weather and predators. He lives on 80+ acres of heavy woodland, so there are animals who might threaten the cats. NOT his dogs -- they get along famously with the cats -- but OTHER predators.

And then he has a toy poodle and a "pomapoo" (pomeranian/poodle mix) who live indoors and sleep with HIM. (grin) Who, by the way, are not NEARLY as "respectful of our private time" as my cats! :D

I'll be interested to hear who wins this little confrontation regarding furry bedpals at your house B)

By the way -- I've posted new photos of my "baby boy" that the breeder sent to me last night. I'd love to hear comments on how everyone thinks he is progressing... I'm just CRAZY about him. :)

Fancidots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:33 pm 
Wow, you nearly have enough animls for a zoo between you :P Quite how you find time to do anything with all those is beyond me, the only rest we get is when they are asleep and that's only with 2 of them!