It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
Here are the boys! With provisional names so far.

Stardust Sirius of Canis Major
Image

Stardust Vega of Lyra
Image

Stardust Titan of Saturn
Image

Stardust Nyx of Pluto
Image

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm
Posts: 730
Very Cute. What a handul :lol:

_________________
Oscar and Jasper (or one ear and two ears as dh calls them) black rescue mogges

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:35 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 pm
Posts: 2927
Location: West Midlands, UK
You are crazy...but you know this already lol

Is Vega's left eye ok? Looks swollen and half closed....sorry I'm sure I won't be popular for pointing that out.

_________________
Image
Image
BBUKU Website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
Lacemoat wrote:
You are crazy...but you know this already lol

Is Vega's left eye ok? Looks swollen and half closed....sorry I'm sure I won't be popular for pointing that out.


Yes, Vega and Sirius both have a squint, as far as I'm currently aware it shouldn't impede their vision, it's more of an aesthetic thing, Vega's is more prominent, but it should be fine as long as it's kept clean. We will be getting advice from the vet regardless as to any options we may have. We love them both all the same :D can't wait to pick them up! So many things to buy!

If anyone has any suggestions on some kind of car mat for the rear seat, they would be appreciated. We have found some that are like hammocks, that go over the head reats front and rear, with zip holes for plugging short leads into the seat belt retainers. Just looking for that kind of thing, but not so tube like.

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8146
I said you were crazy in another topic, but who wouldn't fall in love with those cutie pies. As for your question about a mat for your seat in your car, I hope you aren't planning on allowing them free roam while you're driving. Leashes won't be a huge help either. The cats need to be in approved carriers for their own safety and for yours, especially if you have four of them. They will be a distraction and there could be sad consequences. Maybe I'm interpreting what you're asking in the wrong way ... but the safest place in a moving vehicle for a cat is in a carrier. Congratulations and good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
Sherry wrote:
I said you were crazy in another topic, but who wouldn't fall in love with those cutie pies. As for your question about a mat for your seat in your car, I hope you aren't planning on allowing them free roam while you're driving. Leashes won't be a huge help either. The cats need to be in approved carriers for their own safety and for yours, especially if you have four of them. They will be a distraction and there could be sad consequences. Maybe I'm interpreting what you're asking in the wrong way ... but the safest place in a moving vehicle for a cat is in a carrier. Congratulations and good luck!


The current idea is to use these www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id ... tAodjTgA0w as they are short enough to keep the cats on the rear seat, without them being all over the car.

I did see a cool tube thing but that idea got shot down by the mrs. Maybe the seat thing needs it's own topic.

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm
Posts: 730
XplosiV wrote:
Sherry wrote:
I said you were crazy in another topic, but who wouldn't fall in love with those cutie pies. As for your question about a mat for your seat in your car, I hope you aren't planning on allowing them free roam while you're driving. Leashes won't be a huge help either. The cats need to be in approved carriers for their own safety and for yours, especially if you have four of them. They will be a distraction and there could be sad consequences. Maybe I'm interpreting what you're asking in the wrong way ... but the safest place in a moving vehicle for a cat is in a carrier. Congratulations and good luck!


The current idea is to use these http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp? ... tAodjTgA0w as they are short enough to keep the cats on the rear seat, without them being all over the car.

I did see a cool tube thing but that idea got shot down by the mrs. Maybe the seat thing needs it's own topic.


If I put one of those on Dexter he'd strangle himself with it!

_________________
Oscar and Jasper (or one ear and two ears as dh calls them) black rescue mogges

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
Eggman wrote:

If I put one of those on Dexter he'd strangle himself with it!


I'm not sure how any pet could strangle themselves with the short lead, as it would be clipped onto the same harness that we would use for walking them. I get that they could only move one foot in any direction away from the plug the lead is clipped into, but there is no 'loop' in the lead big enough along the length for them to poke their heads into.

We will be getting a metal cage, to hold all four, but I'm not sure it would be used every trip. Finding the right thing to contain all four, in the right size is what we are after, like I said, I had found a tube that goes along the whole length of the seat, but the mrs didn't like that, but she liked the hammocks, that are 'open topped' go figure! The short lead is her idea, personally I'd rather they were more protected in some kind of long metal cage / traveler, but I've not seen one that's ideal yet.

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:19 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am
Posts: 139
If you have them harnessed you risk entanglement and you also risk cat pee/sh*t/vomit getting on your upholstery.

The kittens will take a lot of comfort being cosied into a carrier together for car journeys.

It's also less distracting for the driver, and far quicker to remove the cats from of the car if you are involved with an accident/have to make an emergency stop.

_________________
Image


Tread softly, breathe peacefully, laugh hysterically - Nelson Mandela


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:19 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am
Posts: 139
P.S
Stunning cats!

_________________
Image


Tread softly, breathe peacefully, laugh hysterically - Nelson Mandela


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
SunnyChick wrote:
If you have them harnessed you risk entanglement and you also risk cat pee/sh*t/vomit getting on your upholstery.

The kittens will take a lot of comfort being cosied into a carrier together for car journeys.

It's also less distracting for the driver, and far quicker to remove the cats from of the car if you are involved with an accident/have to make an emergency stop.


I totally get what you're saying, and I agree, but try explaining that to my mrs, lol. Number one on my list for cat travel is safety, then space & comfort. The mrs just doesn't think like most people would.

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:23 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm
Posts: 1048
They are adorable.

Not to beat a dead horse, but they'll be much safer and happier in a crate for the car ride.

We just moved our whole house on Tuesday and if the cats hadn't have been in crates it would have been a disaster. Our Bengal in particular did NOT react well to the whole situation. We actually had to get an individual crate for him because he had such anxiety being in a large one with another cat. :sad:

_________________
Dallas, TX USA
Diesel - snow Bengal born 09/01/2013 adopted Feb 2014
Tuck, Chloe, Buddy, Lewis & Tia - rescue kitties
Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:32 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 163
As promised, here are the first pics of the awesome foursome. I just hope I have the names right!

Sirius

Image

Vega

Image

Titan

Image

Nyx

Image

And the four

Image

Image

Shhh - Cat napping!

Image


Their album can be found here http://smg.photobucket.com/user/sodgod6 ... meFoursome

_________________
Titan-Nyx-Veag-Sirius raw fed beasties.

Raw info FB Cat Crap (completely raw and proud)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:07 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm
Posts: 1048
They are absolute dolls! So beautiful and you can tell they are really bonded. :thumbup:

_________________
Dallas, TX USA
Diesel - snow Bengal born 09/01/2013 adopted Feb 2014
Tuck, Chloe, Buddy, Lewis & Tia - rescue kitties
Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our Awesome Foursome
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:42 am
Posts: 143
They are so beautiful! I love their names too. You are all going to have a lot of fun :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by meemonkey