It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Some new photos of my cheeky little monkey, her breeder and I have decided to register her as a Seal Lynx point for the show ring as she's getting darker by the day and it's hard to tell if she's 100% a silver carrier or not and as she's going to be neutered we'll never truly know. She has silver on her but she's also quite dark markings wise compared to her litter brother who's a silver seal Lynx point or Griffith. So probably going to put her in the SLP classes.

Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Attachment:
DSC_0230-1.jpg
Attachment:
DSC_0234-1.jpg
Gorgeous she is so pretty, her markings are starting to look darker like Pearls.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare&magic wrote:
Attachment:
DSC_0230-1.jpg
Attachment:
DSC_0234-1.jpg
Gorgeous she is so pretty, her markings are starting to look darker like Pearls.

Awww pretty little Pearl she really is a stunning little girl.

Her markings are really darkening they're even surprising her breeder lol she's almost as dark as her mum Elsa already. Her mums a champion as is her dad so we have some hope she may do ok at show *fingers crossed*, Arya seems to take after her mum facially and colour wise and her dad rosette and personality wise plus she is heavily glittered from her daddy as well.

Ch Junglefire Frozen - Arya's mummy

Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful.

Both of mine have lots of glitter, it's getting a picture of it is the problem.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Arya is just too adorable for words.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Arya and Pearl are both such beautiful examples of SLP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare&magic wrote:
Beautiful.

Both of mine have lots of glitter, it's getting a picture of it is the problem.

I didn't think Griff had much glitter and then I looked at him tonight under my daylight lamp and he was sparkling like a frosted diamond, I think because he's so white it's hard for his glitter to show up cos the only colour it can pull up underneath is white on him.

I took some photos and found if I lowered the light you can see his glitter better

He's not as heavily glittered as Arya but has a lot more than I thought he did. Maybe it's also helping cos his rosettes are darkening so it's creating more contrast in his coat as he's clearing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great pictures of the glitter. Raiden has tons of it as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry wrote:
Great pictures of the glitter. Raiden has tons of it as well.

It's always the hardest thing to photograph to describe to people unless they actually see it in person lol, have you noticed how everyone looks at you like you are bonkers when you say my cat kinda looks like someone covered them in fairy dust and they sparkle in the sun. I have to explain its not the sheen on a healthy coat it's literally sparkly flecks through it. The main drawback with snows and the pale background is its so hard to photograph it to show people I'm guessing cos all the camera sees is white.

A breeder told me recently that these days it's not classed as a Bengal trait to have glitter anymore because a lot don't have it now. I'm not sure if it's the widening of the gene pool or breeders creating their own foundation stock without any breeding from Millwood Tori of Delhi. Sad really as its one of my favourite Bengal features is the glitter which I know was an accident to have included but it's such a pretty accident.

I think I told you before I would love to understand the genetics of the glitter better and how you get some cats that have tons of multiples so are super heavily glittered. Arya is pretty glitter heavy it's hard to miss in person that she's covered.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I believe as long as you have one glittered cat in your kitty's pedigree, your baby can be glittered. Unfortunately, Millwood Toby/Tory of Dehli is everywhere in Raiden's pedigree. Carol who had Eriador Bengals in the UK did extensive research on the genetics of the bengal and even wrote a paper on it that is on the internet somewhere. Gosh, it was easy to find. It may be on several website, but see if you can understand it from here:

http://beautifulbengals.com/Bengal_Genetics.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh I had that with Arya's pedigree and I was only looking at one side going back I think he popped up 36 times before I was so freaked out I stopped counting.

I'll go have a read I was talking to my breeder about glitter earlier and she thinks there could be more than one type of glitter in them as with some it's apparent from birth and with others it doesn't appear for months or even years. There's also a division in the Bengal breeding community over glitter some like it and others actively breed to not have it in their lines because they don't see it as the true vision of a Bengal, due to the glitter not being from ALC's.