[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Sunday nap time
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunday nap time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Early Sunday morning I let the cats out onto my screened in patio. I have one screen that needs to be replaced and it was frayed down at the bottom but they didn't seem to notice and I didn't think they could squeeze under it. Well I went back to sleep and later got up and closed the bedroom door. Blondie came rushing to the door mowing which is rather unusual. They reserve meows to tell me something isn't right or they are hungry. I went out to the kitchen and opened that door and saw Grace off in the distance on the other side of the screened enclosure eating grass! Blondie was frantically staying with her as grace paced back and forth trying to figure out how to get back in. It was hot out and she was panting with her tongue darting in and out. I went outside and tried to heard her towards to door but as soon as she came near, she would turn and go the other way. She started bouncing against the screen trying to get back in. It was a tense few minutes so I ran and got a can of food open and lured her in with that. They followed me into the air-conditioning and Grace laid down and calmed down after a few minutes. It was stressful for them both. My neighbor from across the lake had sent me a text thinking it was one of my cats that got out. She said they were both terrified and Blondie followed her the whole time.

I kept them in since the incident and called a screen repair man that will hopefully fix the broken screen this week. Grace clung to me most of the day. I wound up staying with them and later that day decided to take a nap. I fixed the sofa up all comfy and went into the other room. when I came back both cats were sprawled out on the sofa which they never sit on. They looked so adorable and were starting to fall asleep so I sat on the end and rubbed their bellies and told them what good girls they are. I couldn't resist taking some photos.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Sunday nap time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bad Grace! LOL. Thankfully, Blondie was there to alert you -- like Lassie. Glad all turned out okay. Grace could have overheated just trying to find a way back inside. Kitties are little monsters at times. Just like kids, you have to keep a watchful eye on them. Those pictures are just beautiful!!!!

Post subject: Re: Sunday nap time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's scary :eek: I'm so glad you got her back.

The pictures are adorable :mrgreen:

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes