It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding a third bengal :O
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:39 am 
Senior Bengal

Just put a deposit down on this guy, he is 5 weeks right now and has the fuzzies going on. He is a F3 mink from Summit Bengals. Very excited to meet him once he is old enough to come home with us!

Image20180710_173404 (1) by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr
Image20180710_173339 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr
Image20180710_173235 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr
Image20180710_173113 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh he is just beautiful! Congratulations. I guess this is the one they named Nimbus.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 am 
Senior Bengal

Sherry wrote:
Oh he is just beautiful! Congratulations. I guess this is the one they named Nimbus.

Yes! That is him! I have been trying to adopt another bengal from a rescue for awhile now (my oldest is adopted) and even though I am pre-approved, it has proven difficult because Bengals are so popular, it feels like trying to win the lottery. I have been browsing around breeders website and kept going back to Summit Bengals. Really liked that they screen for many different health issues and the communication was great. So decided that this guy is coming home :)

His mother is Nala (F2) and his father is CheryKitty Khal Drogo of Summit. Do you have a database on his father? I am curious what F generation the father is.

I am also curious to see what quirks he might have from being a EG bengal. I wasn't brave enough to take on a F1, I still rent a apt/home and would want to own one so I could better catifiy it before bringing one of those wild babies home.

If I end up with a adopted bengal next then I will just have to accept I have become a crazy cat lady.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aw such a pretty kitty!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you get a 5-generation pedigree on your baby, I can better give you the info. In my database, I have the dam (Darkside Bengals Lilium) to CherryKitty Khal Drogo as an unknown. The sire Bengalias Dietrich is an F11, so I show Khal Drogo as an F12. The important cat is Summit Miss Nala, which is an F2, making yours the F3. It's possible your breeder can provide you with the information. Most have TICA certified pedigrees on their cats.

Let me know Nimbus' pedigreed name once you get him registered.

So happy you found the kitten you wanted. He is really spectacular. Can't wait to watch him grow.