It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi all,

I've mostly been browsing for a day or so, and I'm really glad I came across this forum after Googling for some bengal naughty behaviour remedies. ;)

I've got two little brothers, one brown-spotted and one snow-spotted. They are my first Bengals, although I have kept Persians previously (I got my first 'Christmas' Persian cat when I was 6).

The boys are just over 4 months old and are so amazingly Yin and Yang at times that you'd never believe they came from the same litter. The snow, Shenlong, is a very intelligent, quiet thinker who LOVES cuddles. Long is more like the result of a Tasmanian devil spliced with a Mexican jumping bean. He is the Rum Tum Tugger incarnate and everything about T.S. Eliot's poem rings true - he gets stuck in bureau drawers, is on the wrong side of every door, etc. :D

I absolutely love them to death but I've never had such active cats until now. I don't have children of my own yet but I hope no one will be offended if I say that it really FEELS like I've got two little toddlers putting their fingers in pies every waking moment! I really wouldn't have it any other way. I could spend hours playing with them!

My husband thinks I've gone mad as I constantly talk to them in silly, patronizing tones and joke about their 'smelly poops' and 'cute, furry little bits!' I know he adores them as much as I do as they have really brightened our lives from the start.

They especially make me happy because I moved to the UK from the East Coast, USA almost 7 years ago and I've been getting more and more homesick lately. Our Bengals are such a wholesome and welcome distraction after I get home from work that I can't imagine having been without them for so long!

Anyway, that's enough blabber from me. I'm glad to have found this place! I'm sure I'll be a regular lurker!

xx
Anna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum :D
Your boys sound gorgeous, I love your description of Long as the Tasmanian devil spliced with a Mexican Jumping bean :lol: You obviously have a great way with words!!
I think we're all a little cat mad on hear (no offense anyone :oops: ), my OH thinks I'm obsessed with the cats so thats why I come here instead!!
You kitties look gorgeous in your sig, now we just need more pics...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome to the forum - I love the descriptions.

I agree that we're all a bit bonkers on here so you should fit in fine :lol: More photos are definitely required though.

It must be hard being so far from home. I found just moving 150 miles north a real challenge so I can't imagine what it's like to move half way round the world. They say time makes it easier, although I think things going on in your life or around you can make it harder at times. Hopefully your new kitties will help you feel more contented.

I'm curious - where do the names come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you for the replies!

When I was first viewing the litter, hubby and I thought they looked like two characters from an old beat-em-up video game called Bloody Roar. We used to play it (competitively!) all the time when we were first dating. Long was a fighter that could turn into a Bengal-looking Tiger and Shenlong was a white tiger. It probably sounds a bit corny but the names stuck as soon as I watched them play-fight the first time!

But I did some further research because I really liked the way the names sounded. Long is a rather generic Chinese name for dragon and Shenlong is the Chinese spirit dragon of wind & rain. Body and Spirit seemed interesting for two brothers and given their behaviour I think the meanings hold true. :) (Plus, Shen looks like a little raincloud when he curls up).

Thanks again for the welcome. :) Hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum, your kitty's sound an absolute delight, and sooooo Bengal like lol.... lovely names too...
I am so glad they are bringing you so much joy...

Great to have you on board, would love to see more pics...

miki xxx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Anna and welcome. Your bengal boys sound like they are quite enteraining, and I'm glad you have them to take the edge off from missing home, friends and family. Looking forward to seeing pics and learning more about your fur babies. (P.S. my OH thinks I am a bit crazy for the long "conversations" I have with my Tasha...it's a "good" crazy I think, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/user/luvbengalz#p/u