It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All,

My name is Scott and my partner is Shelley (who will probably using this forum under this username too). We have always had an interest in cat, I have always worked with animals and always had a passion. We also keep several hundred of species of Snakes and Lizards, which tend to keep the cats content for lets say, 2 minutes?

We got Jomo in December last year when he was 6 weeks old. He is a cross Bengal, however we think he looks more bengal then some other pure breds. Maybe we're biest! Here's some pictures of the little terror, Jomo.

6 Weeks

10 Weeks

14 Weeks

15 Weeks

17 Weeks

Currently

Last week we saw an advert for a female Snow Bengal, Originally up for £250, then £150. We were very concerned and to be honest, wondering what was up with the poor cat if it needed to go so soon. The seller claimed her other half was allergic to cats and it had to go. We thought, thats understandable. We set of for the 100 mile trip to the location of the seller. And got told we had to wait, so 2 hours later she arrived. She said she would let her go for £80. We got into the house, and it was appauling, and we only saw the Hall. There was a large rottweiler that got thrown into a spare bedroom. We saw the little girl who was tiny, and she is 18 weeks old! And look 6 weeks old if that. We got her home and found a large bump on her right side. We took her to the vets the next day and they confirmed it is a hernia of the intestines. Courses can be born with it or trauma. So what me and Shelley seem to think is, the rottweiler has had a grip of poor Nala. As she has had other bumps n bruises, consisting of Rectum Prolapse, Abces on neck, tip of tail dead, missing two canines on left hand side, mucky eyes. Malnutrionted etc. Here's some photos of Nala, remember she is 18 weeks old!

And her Hernia (which to be fair has gone down dramaticly. She is due to the vets in a month to see how it is then. If she has grown, surgery will go ahead)

Kind Regards,
Scott and Shelley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome to the forum properly (we've already exchange anti-City banter in another thread :lol: )

What an awful story about Nala - poor little mite must have been suffering enormously in that household. Thank goodness you got her out of there, I just hope there aren't any other kittens in that environment.

Jomo is beautiful and certainly has Bengal in him in my opinion - he looks to have grown into a really handsome boy in that last photo. I don't think Nala is full Bengal either but she's beautiful nontheless and I bet they'll become really good companions - twin terrors :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello and welcome xxxx

Jomo reminds me very much of my moggie, Maddie, she has the same kind of marbling as Jomo too but with a hint of ginger too and I've always suspected a hint of bengal in her too lol. Nala's story is appalling and I'm so pleased she's found two people to look after her properly. I do agree with Ginny that she may be bengal cross but she's a real cutie xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello and welcome! Jomo is a gorgeous and handsome chap and Nala looks like the dearest little girl! She is so sweet! Bless you for taking her and saving her, Its good to know that there are good people in the world, so many would have just turned away and left her when they found out about her hernia, and i'm sure she will go on to reward you with lots of love :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

and I just love her tiny tiny little paws!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm 
The Boss

Welcome to the forum...loving the tongue pic! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! Jomo is just adorable and Nala's story is so heartwarming. You are very special people to take a kitten like her and give her a loving home and the medical care she needs. God bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi, and welcome :D

Poor little Nala, she didn't have a very good start at all did she? She is very lucky that she is in such a loving home now, where she will be properly cared for.

Katie xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you all for your kind words, we are only doing what we feel right and what others would do.

We managed to track down the original breeder of Nala and went to her cattery and met the parents. We have her pedigree form, however I can see your concern. I hope it is just the stunted growth and that she forms into a tall muscular bengal cat like jomo in the next few weeks. Things are looking good and shes put on 200 grams under a week.

We've done a little research into Nala's pedigree line and it doesn't look to be the most thought out.

Kind Regards,
Scott and Shelley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome,

Jomo is gorgeous, he has a lovely intelligent face.

I'm really admire what you've done, taking poor Nala with you and giving her a good home. She looks a real sweetie, I hope she continues to get better and better.

Taz, Jasmin and Moshi, never forgotten, always loved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome!

Your two kitties are lovely. What an awful start to life for poor Nala, well done for taking her on and giving her the love and care she needed. I'm sure she'll be tag teaming with Jomo on no time!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum, your marble is gorgeous, and your little snow is a real sweetie, i hope she recovers completely, bless her and you for taking her away from that terrible environment....

miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

*hugs tight* good on you for rescuing her from that place! *huggles* you're a fravashi indeed!

both are gorgeous cats! looking forward to many, many pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hello and welcome...to your and Jomo and Nala. It is heartwarming to read how you are helping little Nala. Here's hoping she will be fully healthy and happy soon thanks to your tender loving care.

http://www.youtube.com/user/luvbengalz#p/u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. Thank goodness you rescued her, goodness knows what her life would have been like if you hadn't found her when you did. Hopefully she'll grow into a big strapping lass to keep your handsome boy company! Selina xx