It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

bundles of bengals wrote:
I spy family! Your Chloe is my Monty's full litter-sister, making your Monty the nephew of my Monty, looks like the Romeo & Juliet theme continued for another generation then

Oh how lovely to find some of their family! Yep, we chose Montys name after we heard Chloes pedigree name and just loved the Romeo and Juliet theme (one of my favorite films!), even though the Montagues and Capulets are meant to be enemies we liked the names too much to worry about that!!
I think Chloes a bit younger than normal for retiring but the breeder we got her from was keen for her to have a pampered pet home as she'd already had to move homes once since leaving Liz due to no fault of her own, also Nicky has one of her sons from her first litter as her stud (a gorgeous brown rosseted) so she still has the bloodlines and is working more on rosseted I think. So when we said we'd love to home her, Nicky thought it would be perfect for them to go together-it was so nice that she cared so much about chloes happiness before anything else so we're making sure that chloe gets the pampering she deserves.

Quote:
If the family traits have any resemblance then your two must be big soppy love bugs who enjoy a tummy rub

Big yes!! I feel so lucky to have such soppy bengals who still have the crazyness too!! Both love fuss and laps. Montys dad is Owlsdene Mr. Darcy and I've heard he's a real love bug too so he's definitely inherited the best traits from both sides!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:40 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww that's fantastic & yes, lovely that Chloe came home with one of her babies. I think that is the perfect way to retire them & hope that happens for some of my ladies too :wink:
I have another girl here, Aggie who's dad is also Mr Darcy, so we have another family connection there...she is crazy LOL! Very entertaining :lol:
It's lovely to see such close relatives, every time I look at your signature it looks like my handsome Monty, I think Liz has bred some lovely marbles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:43 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Meg! Your kitties are gorgeous and I just love the pic of the both of them in the window.

http://www.youtube.com/user/luvbengalz#p/u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

awww gorgeous coats! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Had a quick peek at your website Ren and your Monty is stunning! There's definitely a family resemblance there, how are his kittens looking?

Hi Laura! Thankyou! I had a quick peek at some of your youtube videos, they're so good! And lovely to see the cats in motion, photos can't always capture the whole package I think. (could be my very hit and miss photos though!)

Thanks Samii, I'm so lucky I didn't have to choose between a marble and a rosseted, one of each is perfect, although keep seeing some gorgeous pics of silvers and snows on here and thinking about adding to the collection :roll: I think our two are enough of a handful for now though, plus theres no way I'd get it past the OH!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I must say that both Chloe and Monty are gorgeous. I just love marbles and she has a fantastic pattern....

I am off to visit Olwsdene in a couple of weeks time. I am on the look out for a nice brown rosetted boy and she thinks she may have a few that i'd like. Can't wait...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ah thanks for all the lovely comments :oops: will pass them on to the trouble makers themselves, lol!

Oo, look forward to hearing about your trip to Olwsdene..I havn't been lucky enough to visit (banned from seeing any more Bengal breeders!) but have looked at the cats on her website and they are gorgeous, and of course we have our two to admire every day! If you get to met Mr. Darcy please let me know what he's like?!! He's Montys dad and would love to hear what he's like in the flesh! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Castillo wrote:
Ah thanks for all the lovely comments :oops: will pass them on to the trouble makers themselves, lol!

Oo, look forward to hearing about your trip to Olwsdene..I havn't been lucky enough to visit (banned from seeing any more Bengal breeders!) but have looked at the cats on her website and they are gorgeous, and of course we have our two to admire every day! If you get to met Mr. Darcy please let me know what he's like?!! He's Montys dad and would love to hear what he's like in the flesh! :lol: :lol:

I cannot wait to go and meet them all though i am only allowed one :( so not sure that will work out :wink:

I hope to meet the lovely Mr Darcy. I have heard about him and i just love his name... I plan to go and look. I am not taking anything with me to bring anything home so that i can plan it properly, but no doubt i will want to leave with several furry things, maybe one might find it's way into my pocket :roll: what do you think???

I will ask if i can take plenty of pictures to show you all. Trip is a week on saturday (20th).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Monty babies are looking great thanks! His previous litters gave me some real beauties & the latest are looking promising...there is one little snow boy that I absolutely adore...if only he had been a girl! :roll:

Lollo have a great time at Liz's...her breeding programme was smaller when I was there & fell for Monty, she seems to have expanded quite a bit since then, I'm sure you'll have lots of little monkies to choose from! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

lollo2304 wrote:
I cannot wait to go and meet them all though i am only allowed one so not sure that will work out

I hope to meet the lovely Mr Darcy. I have heard about him and i just love his name... I plan to go and look. I am not taking anything with me to bring anything home so that i can plan it properly, but no doubt i will want to leave with several furry things, maybe one might find it's way into my pocket what do you think???

I will ask if i can take plenty of pictures to show you all. Trip is a week on saturday (20th).

How are you going to be able to pick only one?! Make sure you wear a coat with big pockets :lol: :lol:
Will be eagerly awaiting pics, although if it was me I'd probably get so distracted I'd forget to take any!! Hope you find your perfect little boy..

bundles of bengals wrote:
there is one little snow boy that I absolutely adore

ooo, a snow boy related to my two, hmmm...!! *sits on hands* oh dear, naughty thoughts of expanding the family!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Meg,

Just caught up with your thread, welcome to the forum and to your Chole and Monty too.

They look fantastic, lovely shiny coats!! I want a marble!! lol!!

Cant wait to hear more of mother and sons antics!!

xxxx

Tara, Jasper and Keeta :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hee hee, they are funny characters. Tarzan is my first one so he is the base of all my experience. Sometimes I think two would be easier and better for our Boo. And, looking at your two maybe that would have been a good idea. They do seem to believe they are super cats. Last night we literally shut Boo in the bedroom with us when we went to bed and left Tarzan to the rest of the house. I could hear noise but yet didn't want to know what he was doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

jeannie_v wrote:
Last night we literally shut Boo in the bedroom with us when we went to bed and left Tarzan to the rest of the house. I could hear noise but yet didn't want to know what he was doing.

Now I understand the Facebook comment. Was the house still in one piece this morning :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Tara! Thanks for the lovely welcome. I will try and get some good photos of Chloe so you can enjoy the marbles vicariously (sp?)!! I love how we get to enjoy so many gorgeous cats on here.

Oh dear Jeannie, was your house in one piece?! I know the feeling, there was an almighty crash from the bathroom this morning, and I'm ashamed to say I left the house super quick and OH had to deal with Monty or Chloe (don't know which one it was!) in the shower!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Meg,
We are also related I think? My two are also from Owlsdene. Rufus is out of Meteros and Honey and Hugo out of Mali and Lodi. Lodi and honey are daughter and mother. I think Rufus is related to Monty.? :D