It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi Jeannie!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum!
I'm also new here too in the last week - people have been so friendly and welcoming. I just know this place is going to be a godsend when we get our first bengal (15 days and counting!). I've already learnt loads and am so grateful to have so many really supportive fellow bengal owners.
Tarzan looks absolutely gorgeous - do post more pics of him - He's a real beauty! I look forward to hearing about more of his adventures.
Sounds like it's been a really tough summer - am so glad you are on the road to recovery. I'm sure the love of a good kitten has seriously helped!
best wishes
Sarah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sarah, I thought waiting a week for Tarzan was hard. We were lucky they happened to have a litter that wasn't advertized and ready in a week. At least you will be completely prepared with tons of toys. At least we will have pictures soon. Miki the way you described the Bengals behavior was perfect. We were talking about that this morning. They are more intense in everything they do. I can't imagine a F2. Rudy is a beautiful cat and as interesting and fun as T is for us, I can just imagine how fun it is to discover Rudy's personality. The few things we have already noticed with him is he does not back down from Boo. Although Boo is a pretty gentle guy he is firm with him. T just keeps coming until we feel sorry for Boo and distract him. The other is with food, we've had push cats but my gosh. He just yeowls and grabs his dish with his feet and mouth and almost yanks it out of your hands.

It'll be fun to watch Rudy grow up and I can't wait to see Thundercat's new kitten and Sarah's. As angry as I was at the cat shelter to deny us a kitten because we had a cat over 6 that might not be patient with it. The dumbest rule and they are denying so many kittens good homes. I thought about it this morning, if it wasn't for that horrible place we wouldn't have searched for Tarzan. So maybe it was fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jeanie, thanks for your lovely comments about Rudy....I can tell your hooked on the Bengal breed...It happens to us all lol.. Tarzan is a gorgeous Bengal and i love the name Tazan too, so apt for a Bengal.... lol. I know Thundercat/Tim has also said he loves the name too and thinks he may call his little man Tarzan too.... Its a great name...

I agree with what you said about the shelter too, they are denying lots of kitties potential loving homes?? I know they must have guidelines and be certain the kittens/cats go to good homes but the reason they denied you seems ridiculous?? I know a lady in her fifties who also wanted to give a cat of any age a home, she lives alone and has no other pet, she had her last cat for 17 years until he had to be put to sleep.. She lives in a large 2 bedroom ground floor flat. She was denied giving a loving home to a cat because she doesn't have a private garden.. Her previous cat was an indoor cat and lived happily with her for 17 years??? But she was denied a cat and that was by the RSPCA and a cat shelter???
It makes no sense to me??? :shock: :shock:

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think T is a good example of a Bengal but not having this breed before I wasn't sure. And, that wasn't our criteria to start with. We just wanted the behavior. Having said that I am so proud he looks the way he does. I'm sure you would never say one wasn't but thank you for saying he is beautiful. I'm constantly amazed with him. He has this beautiful gold sheen to his fur. The sun coming through a window hits him just right and he sparkles, even his nose.

Yes we are hooked. We were saying last night that it ruined us for any other breed. Although Boo has been exceptional and we had a Ragdoll that was a loving boy. The difference between the Ragdoll, the cat we lost this summer and Tarzan, oh my gosh its night and day. I hope Thundercat/Tim does use the name.

I thought maybe it was just here in the US that the shelters were so picky. I respect them trying to find good homes but what they did to us and your friend makes no sense. We watched two other couples walk out of there before us denied a cat. They had at least 30 to 50 kittens in there that day in need of homes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

IMHO Tarzan is a GREAT example of the bengal breed Jeanie! I LOVE his head and thick tail in the first pic you posted - very leopard-like! He's SO CUTE!! :D

I am almost certainly gonna call my boy Tarzan - I'd be very surprised if another name comes up which I prefer now....the moment I read your first post the name literally JUMPED out at me.... I love it!!! It just feels a bit weird pinching somebody else's name when I didn't think it up myself - but maybe I just need to get over that one!! :oops:

I look forward to seeing more pics.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi, and welcome! I am late in finding this thread. Tarzan is gorgeous, and so cute. I also adopted my Bengal, Tasha, after my 18 year old cat died, and my other cat Tito was 6. She has brought new life to Tito, he has lost weight and plays with her like a kitten again! Same thing, Tasha is just so persistant in approaching Tito, so he had no choice but to fall in love with her,lol!

http://www.youtube.com/user/luvbengalz#p/u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jeannie, how is the Gorgeous Tarzan doing?? And Beautiful Boo?? Is Tarzan still tormenting Boo? lol xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Boo seemed to enjoy kittens more four years ago. I have to admit that we were, not disapointed we couldn't be in sweet Boo, but were surprised he's been more of a crumudgeon to Tarzan. He was happy last night, Tarzan slept in the livingroom and he had us and the bed to himself. When I woke up he was between us still just purring away.

Boo is such a square stocky cat, being persian and Tarzan is so sleek and shiny. They couldn't be more different. I had some great pictures that I was excited to upload this morning and I tried a different way...dumb thing to do... and lost them all. I'm sure he will do something cute soon.