It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: update on oscar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi everyone,well what an interesting week i have had :lol: oscar is doing really well and settled in great,i had a few teething problems with him and his tray :roll: but i eventually clicked :roll: he doesnt like a tray with a hood on as soon as i took it of yeehaa oscar has no probs using the tray :lol: :lol: he has finally accepted holly that he went into her bed to lie beside her at tea-time today (brought a tear to my eye)and they are still cuddled up :) anyway on to the subject of the poo watch :lol: :lol: oscars poo was normal when we brought him home but after a few days he started to get diarrea, so i gave in and bought him raw chicken wings and the mince,(yuk)but this is what he was on in his first home,his poo went back to being normal,but im confused today as he has diarrea again today :? and it smelled yuk :? apart from that i just love him to bits :lol:
ps (they really know how to embarass you :lol: bringing all the dust out from under your furniture :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:lol: :lol: just tell people he brought the dust in with him or something!

My Dolly preferred an open litter tray when she was younger - I think she liked an audience :lol:

It may take a little while for his poo to settle down - he's in a new environment and his diet has changed, even if he's now back on what he started on. Is the mince the sort you get for humans or is it prepared for pets? The reason for asking is that they need the nutrients etc that come from the bones, muscles and other tissues and they don't really get that from human grade mince. There are suppliers out there who supply mince for pets that does include all the "bits" and you may find that's better for his digestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Glad Oscar is settling well and making himself at home. Its fab to hear he has settled well with Holly :D

Oscar has had a lot going on in the last week including his change of diet and its important to let him settle in his new home and not make any further changes just yet. Its best to give him a bit more time to settle on his previous diet again. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Give Oscar big hugs from me and please keep me posted on his progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ginnym wrote:
:lol: :lol: just tell people he brought the dust in with him or something!

My Dolly preferred an open litter tray when she was younger - I think she liked an audience :lol:

It may take a little while for his poo to settle down - he's in a new environment and his diet has changed, even if he's now back on what he started on. Is the mince the sort you get for humans or is it prepared for pets? The reason for asking is that they need the nutrients etc that come from the bones, muscles and other tissues and they don't really get that from human grade mince. There are suppliers out there who supply mince for pets that does include all the "bits" and you may find that's better for his digestion.

Hi Ginny yes Oscar is on pet mince :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ah ha - I forgot he was one of yours Linda :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ginnym wrote:
Ah ha - I forgot he was one of yours Linda :lol:

Yes a naughty little supernova :lol: Just kidding, hes a lovely purry boy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

linda you were right first time definatly a naughty supanova baby.lol.thanks for advice,i forget he has only been home with us for a week,we feel as if he has been here for ever :lol:will try not to panic as much :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:52 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

So glad to hear he's settling in :) Great advice there from Linda.
Lol at the dust :)