It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Everyone,

Sadly I don’t have a Bengal kitty yet but thought I should introduce myself as I have been stalking this forum for about 18 months now and have finally built some confidence to introduce myself. I will be becoming a Bengal mummy in 2010 however I wanted to ensure I knew everything I could about the breed before I put a deposit down. I would have had a wee Bengal in December however there was a little problem with the kitten and believe it or not I felt quite distraught :cry: , the kitten wasn’t even in my care and yet I felt like I had lost an arm or a leg and sulked for ages....lol

I have pretty much trawled every topic on this forum, everything from healthcare to behaviour, the TICA website for breed standards and I must also have every breeder with a website in the UK saved to my favourites. I hope that you all don’t mind me joining in on your topics and look forward to chatting to you all in the future :D .

Many thanks
Rachel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello :D & a very warm welcome. Shame it didn't happen with the other kitty but you have sooooo much to look frwd to :D :D :D Looking frwd to chatting to you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am 
The Boss

Welcome to the forums! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi there & welcome :D
that's a real shame about your first possible bengal & i understand how easy it is to fall in love with them even before they are home.
very exciting that you will be a bengal mummy in the near future though!
look forward to chatting :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your first Bengal, I know the feeling of losing one that isn't in your care yet.

I fell in love with a Bengal kitten that is located interstate but sadly it wasn't meant to be, it really hurt as he was the one. But eventually I met Koda and now he's the center of my life. :)

And believe it or not, I have most of the Bengal-related websites be it breeders or Bengal care bookmarked too. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forums!! I'm very sorry to hear about your previous experience, but hopefully a new bundle of furr will sort it out!! Can't wait to hear your story, do you have any preferences as to what you would like? :D

Fifi xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum :D I'm sure you'll have great fun planning for your new baby because of all the fab colours and patterns available :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:40 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum. You're very patient to have waited so long for your Bengal but it's good to have all the info and all the arrangements in place before you take one on. Hope you enjoy chatting to us all while you wait to become a slave :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello and welcome.
I dont know how you could wait so long. I'd have pulled my hair out by now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Everyone,

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes, I did feel very sad when the kitty was sick but then I realised that it wasn’t meant to be and the time wasn’t right. My OH is getting a little worried about me though, I have been doing so much preparation, I have already measured the windows for screens, have a box full of toys and food bowls. I can’t wait to become a slave..haha :D

I love all the Bengals and if I had enough space I would have them all but I have to say I love the brown rosetted the most. I have noticed that most breeders like to breed to a standard they feel improves the breed and out of my huge list of breeders there are about 4-5 (two I found on this forum.... yay Bengal cat forums...lol :wink: ) who breed Bengals with less of the wild looks but with gorgeous rosettes and glitter (must be a boy....lol). I am finding it so hard to wait however I hope all my preparations and waiting will pay off in the end.

I was hoping that you all don’t mind but there are a few old threads I have seen and wanted to add some questions to these rather than creating new topics. Lastly I love the pictures they didn’t want you to see thread..haha that one cheers me up everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Eleventh day wrote:
Lastly I love the pictures they didn’t want you to see thread..haha that one cheers me up everyday.

That's one of my fave's too Rachel, I keep checking back up on it!

I'm sure you'll make a fantastic slave with so much preparation, and tell your OH he better get used to being one rung down on the hierarchy when the little man arrives!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like you'll make a brilliant slave :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Rachel! I love that you have done so much research! That is admirable--you can never learn too much about Bengals.

I think I have every Bengal Breeder in the world on my facebook friendlist...I love looking at kittens & always check out who has a new litter. I am "just looking"! So you will probably keep up the research habit long after you get your first Bengal.

You do know that you will get more than one, right? :lol:

Have you thought of getting two right off the bat? If not, I suggest you try to get two because they keep each other occupied. And one Bengal is not enough!!! Some breeders negotiate a price if you are willing to take two at a time. Just a thought! :D

Welcome to BCF! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

fifi.117 wrote:
tell your OH he better get used to being one rung down on the hierarchy when the little man arrives!!! :D

Haha I think I had better get used to being a rung or two down on the ladder too :D

seamuskitty wrote:
You do know that you will get more than one, right? :lol: :D

I am at present trying very hard to persude OH that 2 will be perfect however I don't think he is listening to that idea (me thinks I need to change my tactics :) ) If I did have 2 however I would love as a second cat a seal lynxpoint originally the colour didn't appeal to me so much however the more I see on here with their soft tones and pretty faces the more special they become to me although first and foremost it is the brown rosetted for me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rachel,
So sorry about that Bengal kitten. Wow, I did the opposite of you - I got a bengal THEN learned about them. (Trial and Error). I wish I had known about this forum BEFORE all of Tasha's water adventures. I hope you get your fur baby soon - you are going to be such a conscientious mom, one lucky bengal (two?) coming your way!
Laura

http://www.youtube.com/user/luvbengalz#p/u