It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:18 am 
Bengal Cat

Hey! Thanks, thanks!

Yeah, Atlas and Eva just have these amazing personalities, lol... I have a strong feeling our new kitty will too! Hell, she already does, haha! She's definitely a spunky little girl. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:49 am 
Bengal Cat

I got the cutest video of her in action just a little while ago, lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0lkcZctY0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ana wrote:

Awww that's adorable! I love how she attacks it at the end, mine do that only they attack it in terms of rubbing their heads against it and purring into the mic!

How do you keep Eva, or rather where do you keep her? And do you just let her out for a trot around the garden by herself, or keep an eye on her etc, and can she be held with all those spikes?! I'm really curious as I've never come across somebody with a pet hedgehog before, let alone such a cutie!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That was the PERFECT thing to watch first thing in the morning, Annie! My headache is still here, so I was feeling grumpy - but that actually made me lol. :lol:

Looks like she's already getting more comfortable around you!

Fifi, I'll let Ana answer those questions - but I used to own three hedgehogs myself. They really are fun little pets. Pets you can even let run around (supervised!) with cats. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

NutKitty wrote:
Fifi, I'll let Ana answer those questions - but I used to own three hedgehogs myself. They really are fun little pets. Pets you can even let run around (supervised!) with cats. :)

Lol I bet there are a few mishaps though are there, with the end results being a few sore kitty noses or paws?! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bit of useless info about me - I'm a lifetime member of the British Hedgehog Preservation Society :lol: :lol: There's something about their cute little faces and childhood memories of the Beatrix Potter books about Mrs Tiggywinkle that has always made them special to me. I hate seeing them squashed on the road so often :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

fifi.117 wrote:
Lol I bet there are a few mishaps though are there, with the end results being a few sore kitty noses or paws?! :D

Not too bad, really. :)

I mostly remember my own hedgehogs chasing my cats if they got too near, which scared the cats enough to leave them alone without really trying to nose them. Patting them isn't all that painful, so they were fine.

Ginny, we don't have wild hedgehogs here! Or none that I've ever seen... it would be neat to see one though. I've only seen the African Pygmy variety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

NutKitty wrote:
Ginny, we don't have wild hedgehogs here! Or none that I've ever seen... it would be neat to see one though. I've only seen the African Pygmy variety.

We have them by the dozen!! My garden has a permanent track down the middle which is the route the hedgehogs take at night when they come looking for food.

Here in the UK, hedgehogs are often used in publicity for road safety campaigns because people are so used to seeing them flattened on the road :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hey! Thanks. :)

fifi - she stays in her enclosure most of the time, which is a 3' x 3' little home that Wes and I made with a card table, some coroplast (under it, on top of the table), vinyl storage cubes and a bunch of zip ties. :)

pic: http://www.arthappens.com/eva/chezeva1.jpg
(She's not really that fat, that's just a bad angle for her - and I think she was on the move, lol)

I have a feeling we maaaaay need to make a screen/mesh top for it or something once our kitty has the run of the house. (Right now she's still in her safe room.)

Our back yard is still in a state of... well, it's a mess, haha. (We just moved in back in October and we've had so much work to do on the house itself that we haven't really had time to work on landscaping the back yard yet...) Even if I did have a good place to let her run around though, it would be in a pen (made of the same type of cubes) and under supervision (I don't want her eating city bugs, since I'm pretty sure the city sprays for stuff). The outdoor pics of her are from trips to the park. :)

She's easy to hold when she puts her spikes down - they don't really feel spiky at that point. I'd compare it to a bag of beans or, like, one of those big things full of straight pins you see at a science museum. She sits in my lap all the time when I play online games too. :D

Dawn - glad I could make ya laugh. ;)

ginnyn - I wouldn't call that useless info! They do have such cute little faces - and soooo many expressions too! That is so sad though... I read about the McFlurry lids over there too (glad they changed them).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ana wrote:
ginnyn - I wouldn't call that useless info! They do have such cute little faces - and soooo many expressions too! That is so sad though... I read about the McFlurry lids over there too (glad they changed them).

There was also a campaign a few years ago to put little ramps into cattle grids so that hedgehogs who fell down them could climb back out again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm 
Bengal Cat

Awww! I love hearing about stuff like that! It's good to hear that folks are trying to look out for the little critters. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

fifi.117 wrote:
Ana wrote:

Awww that's adorable! I love how she attacks it at the end, mine do that only they attack it in terms of rubbing their heads against it and purring into the mic!

How do you keep Eva, or rather where do you keep her? And do you just let her out for a trot around the garden by herself, or keep an eye on her etc, and can she be held with all those spikes?! I'm really curious as I've never come across somebody with a pet hedgehog before, let alone such a cutie!! :D

LMAO, great vid :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome to you and your family :D Sookie is a little sweetheart and I'm looking forward to hearing how she gets on with Altas and Eva :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

welcome to the forum of kitty madness!!

Awwwwww what a little cutie :) same goes for atlas and eva!! Gorgeous!

I will be getting a great dane some day, ive even already got his name: Prince :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a cute family you have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next