It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: F1 Tendu is here!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Bengal Cat

Tendu has arrived. I love him to pieces. He already knows how to open doors and is only 3.5 pounds!!! He gets along great with my other cats and he LOVES to "talk" LOUD to anyone and anything. I couldn't get some of the pictures to rotate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: F1 Tendu is here!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh he is super precious! Enjoy all the adventures.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:03 pm 
Bengal Cat

Thank you Sherry! He is awesome!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Will he have a pedigreed name? I always need to add cats to my bengal database, currently over 46,000 in there. Do you know what ALC was involved? Do you know Tendu's date of birth?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 pm 
Bengal Cat

TICA paperwork he is Summit Tendu but I don't have a TICA number for him yet (just turned in the papers)
Sire is Lews Therin (ALC from Summit)
Dam is Summit Totally Tonka
His birth date is May 19, 2017

Let me know if you need more information. What database do you run?

I also have a female SBT (pictures on my profile)
Her information is:
Exotiquebengals Aja
Sire: Tecspot Riders on the Storm
Dam: Columbiarivers Sheezamazing
Birth Date: May 5, 2016

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you so much for the information on your kitties. Your Aja is an F9. My database is for my use only. When I got my bengal, I wanted to know his F generation and spent three months going back through his entire pedigree to find that he is an F9. Then I offered to find out F generations for other owners and had to go through the same cats over and over again. Who can remember what F generation thousands of bengals may be? So I decided to do a database to make it easier. I figured it would take a couple of months and 15,000 bengals. Well, it has turned into a 20-month project and 46,000 so far. I spend at least 6 hours a day EVERY day on it now. In the beginning, it was about 10 hours a day. It's become really overwhelming at this point. Initially, I used BengalPedigrees.com -- they have since taken all the offspring information off. Then Bengal-Data.com came online and eventually added the F generations. Unfortunately, many of those are incorrect due to errors that I found and corrected in my database.

For now, it's just a collection of bengals' pedigreed names, sex, registration numbers, birthdates and F generations. Makes it easier for me to locate cats. I had both of Aja's parents in my database with F generations. Riders On The Storm is an F8 and Sheezamazing is an F11, making Aja the F9.

Tendu's dam is an F10, but since Tendu's dad is an ALC, he reverts back to an F1.What I find interesting is that I have Summit Totally Tonka born in 2010 and rarely do breeders use queens more than 4 years old. Of course, my information can be incorrect. Once you receive Tendu's registration or pedigree, the correct info will be on there. I would love to have a copy for my files once you receive it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:42 am 
Bengal Cat

Thank you for letting me know what generation Aja is. I always wondered. She has a lot of the asian leopard traits and is a sweetheart.

As for Tendu....I know this was the last litter for Totally Tonka. I do believe the 2010 information is correct on her. It's great you had the pedigree information for both of them!!!

I will send you both of their TICA forms as soon as I get Tendu's. For an F1...Tendu has been a really good boy. The breeder did a fantastic job of socializing him. Aja is very, very shy but has gotten much better with Tendu being here. She now comes out when people come over. Best of all they are already friends and play chase or hide and seek a couple times a day. Tendu has bonded with me really well. Having Aja around has helped with Tendu not being so upset when I have to leave. Everyone wins!!!

Talk to you soon,
Mary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mary, it is wonderful your two have bonded so well. F1s com with challenges, especially when they become an adult cat. I know you are prepared for the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:08 pm 
Bengal Cat

We are now at the 18 week mark for this little guy. I have to say this F1 baby has been the easiest kitten I've ever had. He knows how to sit, stand, give me his paw, spin and play fetch. He greets everyone at the door. If they come in he backs off for a few minutes but then comes right out ready to play. He loves to play in the bathtub every night with his electronic fish and has no problem diving underwater to try and pull the drain plug. He talks....a lot and is very loud if I don't understand what he is trying to tell me. He sleeps through the night and will only wake me if I sleep in too long (he needs food lol). He also loves to go out for walks in his harness and loves to be held. Soon I will figure out how to post some videos on YouTube and link it here.

I was somewhat worried about getting a F1 with everything I have read. So far he has been a very good baby. Will keep you posted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes, F1 kittens are great. But watch when they grow into an adult! For many owners, it is a different story. They are 50% wild blood, you understand, so their trait is more of an ALC than a bengal. But, he is just stunning!