[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - not sure if i got a bengal mix or not
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:19 am 
Bengal Kitten

hi all! i adopted a 6 month old kitten lastnight.i was told she was part bengal or a bengal mix. i know nothing about them or what to look for. i feel in love with her markings thats why i adopted her. if she isnt a bengal mix then no big deal but im just curious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 am 
Bengal Kitten

here she is. she looks like she has the markings

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. It is really difficult to tell from one angle only. This cat has marble markings. There are many characteristics to a bengal. I do see rings on the tail. Usually, the hind legs on a bengal are longer than the front legs. What are the markings on the belly? How silky soft is the pelt? Bengals do not have fur. It's a pelt, just like wild cats. I do know people love a cat when they hear the word "bengal" in it. Know that there are marbled tabbies as well.

Bengals are vocal, highly energetic, very social, do not sleep 20 hours a day, they want to be around their humans at all times. Your kitty, even with part bengal, may not exhibit these characteristics. Without papers from a parent, it is going to be hard to tell for certain. But I do know your kitty is absolutely gorgeous.

Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:29 pm 
Bengal Kitten

well i didnt know anything about the bengal part until after i handed in the adoption papers for her. here is the pic of her belly. her belly is shaved because she got fixed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:53 pm 
Bengal Kitten

well its tuff to tell at this point because i got her thursday night and she is slowly opening up to me but so far is super loveable and purrs very loud. but her coat is still kitten coat i believe but the best way to describe it is like fleece/velvet. she is super soft. she was actually found as a stray/abandoned (was taken in to a no kill shelter and was fostered till i adopted her) because she has a cloudy spot on her eye but it doesnt affect her vision

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a beauty. She looks bengal to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Love her spotted belly. Bengals do have spotted bellies! All I can tell you is to enjoy and love her to pieces!!! She is so lucky to have found you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

thank you for your help and opinions on her. she is very vocal when it comes to food. she is very tiny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She's definitely a little cutie. Certainly looks like she's got Bengal in her to me.