It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet Consilium
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:13 am 
Bengal Kitten

This is Consilium, my new kitten. He is 11 weeks old now and we are best friends from day one (he even allowed me to trim his nails a bit such that kneading becomes pure pleasure) .
Though he spent his first night under the sofa, he soon became used to sleep in my bed every night and on my lap during the day when he is not playing (crazily). Below is a picture of the poor Dabird after only three days, not sure how many replacement parts I am going to need...

Post subject: Re: Meet Consilium
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

eh...seems pictures are not working. another try?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. Consilium is gorgeous! Congratulations. Not sure why the breeder allowed him to leave early -- most do not allow the cats to go with the owners until they are at least 12 weeks old. But ... it appears he has settled in great with you and loves Da Bird. I'm pretty sure you are going to go through quite a few of them, but there are other wand toys that you can get as well. Neko Fly toys are great and interchangeable. A variety will probably help Consilium out a little. Does Consilium have a pedigreed name yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:23 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Actually, I got him from my friend whose roommate, unfortunately, is allergic to cat. She didn't mention about his pedigree, so I would assume he is not a pure breed bengal.
I have been looking for a kitten since July and put a deposit down for a Norwegian forest kitten in late Sep. Therefore I prepared everything for a kitten's arrival. But, right on the morning of the day that I suppose to go and pick him up, I was told that he fell off a shelf while playing and injured his leg. The owner said he wouldn't be able to go to a new home for at least ten days, so I wait, patiently or impatiently, for two weeks, no updates. So I called and got a reply said still not ok and the owner refunded my deposit but promised would contact me if the kitten gets better. After another week of waiting, nothing. This time, the owner would not reply my call nor text nor email.
I lost my hope after several weeks of no reply and while I looked at all the kitten things without an idea about what I am going to do with them, my friend called me and asked me to take this bengal (probably mix) kitten. She absolutely loves this kitten and if I can take him in, she would be able to visit him often. And I fell in love with this kitten as well, so...that's pretty much the story.
His name, Consilium, would be the name of the Norwegian kitten, but, anyway, it's his now. And I think it is quite suitable since it is from Latin meaning 'choice'.
I clipped the feather off the Dabird wand and attached one of his mouse toy to the string. He absolutely went crazy for it; I think he likes the mouse more than the feather one. I will look into the Neko ones that you mentioned. Meanwhile, he could enjoy destroying his little mouse...
I will upload more photos of him soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Here come the photos. Nothing is more satisfying than waking up with your cat by your side.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's very cute! And I love that window shelving for to car to go up... Must get one!
Mine destroy the da birds so I have started hand sewing features myself... They last a week or so, more than the da birds...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:13 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Inkyfingers wrote:
He's very cute! And I love that window shelving for to car to go up... Must get one!

Yes, the window perches are great, though I found him more on my laptop (well, it's warm). But I have seen some heating pads that you can put on the perch...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just love seeing the pictures of Consilium! What a handsome boy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Some updates

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Consilium is absolutely a bengal! No doubt about it.