It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Travelling Bengal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Yana is an F6 brown spotted bengal. Born on 28th March 2012, we got her from Gayzette Bengals in Aberdeenshire. Our previous bengal was run over outside our house just before her 1st birthday on a quiet country road where we live just outside Dumfries. As a result Yana has been raised on a lead and harness and is more than happy going out with us on her lead no matter where we go ( except nay be shopping). She always attracts attention sitting on a train looking looking out of the window or going for a wander around St Pancras station!
We will endeavour to start her own Facebook webpage and hope people come and say hi to her on her travels.

Post subject: Re: Travelling Bengal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. I am so sorry you lost your previous bengal. That's one of the downsides of letting them outdoors, even on a seemingly quiet street. However, we learn, don't we! Happy to know that Yana loves her harness and leash and loves to travel. Looking forward to the link to your Facebook page.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:07 am 
Senior Bengal

Hi!! With so much traveling, do you ever have issues with the bathroom? I was wanting to take mine out more, but that was always a concern

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What do you mean by "bathroom." Does the kitty ever go to the bathroom outside? Yes, mine will pee on our daily walks. But he also uses the litter boxes in the house the rest of the time. Rarely does he poop on our walk -- only if he really has to let it out immediately. It's never been an issue and saves on cat litter. A cat will go when it has to go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

We always take her own holdall with us. Inside is a litter box stored in a heavyweight plastic bag. If she needs to go she will let us know and we simply unzip the bag and open up the bag. She jumps in does her business and jumps out again. All we need to do is remove and dispose of the liner and put a replacement and fresh litter. We always keep it in the plastic bag just in case of any accidents.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I see now the "bathroom" issue was traveling on the train, etc. You always need to be prepared and have something available. The vast majority of cats are not great travelers.