[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is this a bengal cat?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Is this cat a bengal?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Can't tell 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Is this a bengal cat?
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:41 am 
Bengal Kitten

Greetings guys. Tomorrow I'm going to meet someone whole is looking to sell a Bengal cat that he got for his girlfriend but she decided after a whIle that she didn't want to do deal with anymore so he's trying to sell it.

Can anyone confirm that thishe is in fact a Bengal and not some ordinary short hair mix?

I have a few much better picsoon but the size is too big and I can't find an app from my phone to edit the size properly. Any and all input is appreciated!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Without a pedigree, it is going to be impossible to know for certain this kitty is a purebred bengal. It definitely has some bengal characteristics. If they are selling the kitty, ask for the pedigree. A regular domestic shorthaired tabby has little value. A purebred bengal does. If there is no pedigree, then this kitty was probably gotten through a backyard breeder. I'd get more information on where they got the cat and go from there. This baby is adorable, though! And if you want this baby and are willing to pay the price they are asking, do it. You just won't have proof this kitty is a bengal.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:21 pm 
Bengal Kitten

This isn't an ordinary short hair. The colouring, markings and features are Bengal. Papers will prove how "pure," this pretty kitty is, but with or without, this kitten is beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It looks bengal to me, but I agree with Sherry. If they are selling their pet, expect to receive papers. Without papers, it is not a purebred and they should not expect more than $100-$150 rehoming fee which is what a pet rescue service would charge for a healthy neutered pet with all the shots. Each time a pet is re-homed, it is confusing and upsetting to the animal. If they made a mistake by choosing a bengal, and it didn't suit their lifestyle, they should not expect to break even without consequences. Finding a suitable loving home should be all they care about.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Looks bengalish to me! If you are not breeding him and you seem to bond, it shouldn't matter much. Try to find out why rehoming. If the price is right, roll the dice and add some excitement to your life and his too.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Looks like a Bengal to me too although someones arm is right in the way of identifying those tell tale markings!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie