It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi from Phoenix Arizona
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone,

I'm Lisa and have a Marble Bengal furbaby named Max. Max is our 2nd Bengal cat over the last 21 years. I have had cats all my life, but always mixed breeds until we fell in love with Bengals all those years ago. Max is now 11, and we adopted him from Craigslist when he was 4 years old because they were moving. Max was originally from a breeder, then was a pet shop cat and in at least 2 homes before he made it to us.

We didn't realize it but Max was very sick when we adopted him, and we took him to the vet because of his horrible smelling breath and stools. We found out he had severe tooth decay due to a bad kitten tooth that was neglected to be extracted (it was in his veterinary kitten notes from the breeder along with his papers, and adoptive parents who knew all along). He ended up needing 9 teeth extracted, and had a bloody cut on his nose that took about a year to heal. Fast forward to the last 2 years and now he has a case of horrible recurrent diarrhea. I suspect it stems back from that awful infection he had.

Nevertheless, he settled right in and is honestly the friendliest and most affectionate cat I have ever owned. He adores me, and I adore him right back! Our former Bengal was not that nice, even though we loved him dearly. He was a little devil. lol

Max sprawls out and lays across my lap every night just like baby. He even reaches up and touches my face with his paw to show his love. My husband just shakes his head and laughs knowing there will never be another Max.

We are struggling with eating issues and diarrhea, and I will be looking for help with this but will be post in the appropriate forum. I would love some advice. I would also love to hear from anyone else in the Phoenix area with vet recommendations.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! :biggrin:

Lisa & Maxcat

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lisa, welcome to the forum.