It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Runny poo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Can anyone help me please? I brought home my 1st bengal baby boy kovu about 6 weeks ago. He's adorable happy and eats well but last 2 weeks has had horrific diarrhoea.he's food has all been messed up because he has been stealing the other cats food but I have been reading about food and I just am lost of what to fees him now! Dry.tinned.raw.cooked? Not fish ahhhh I want him to have what he needs and firm up his poo can anyone help please? thankyou

Post subject: Re: Runny poo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and I apologize that nobody has responded to your question. First of all know that a kitten may get diarrhea when relocating to its permanent home. Especially if you have other cats. It's a very stressful time for your new arrival and stress can play a huge part of this. The second thing is you should have taken your new baby to the vet within 72 hours of bringing him home -- more for a wellness checkup and to get a medical chart going on him. If the diarrhea lasts for more than a few days, I would take a stool sample to the vet and have it checked for any parasites. It's possible your other cats are carriers (especially if they all use the same litter box). It's better to be safe than sorry! The poop should firm up when the cause is eliminated. You can give cats pumpkin (very little amount) with their food. Hopefully, you have one litter box per cat and one extra and you keep them extremely clean. Know that having diarrhea is not fun for your kitty either, so the sooner he gets better, the better he will feel. I give mine a probiotic in the morning with breakfast and his poop will still run sometimes. I found out the food is leaving the digestive tract before its ready and it's something I will have to live with.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: Runny poo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi,

I have same problem with my kitten.

I had him for few months at the beginning the poops were normal consistency but for now about two weeks, it is diarrea and semi hard poops. I have tried to switch food. The result is that color has changed but not consistency. Also i gave him the anti-worm treatment as he was due one (1 every 4 weeks) but no change.

I will contact vet, ask for advise and let you know if and how he gets better if it can help you too.