It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was looking for Mina's pedigree at my mums through some old folders and although I couldn't find her pedigree I did find some really old photos of her and her mum.

First photo the breeder sent me of Mina when I was picking her I think she's around 10 weeks in this

A photo of her mum

Mina is the little Mink kitten second on the right near her mum

I still miss her like crazy though but Arya does have so many of her traits that she helps a lot, I do feel like I did the right thing waiting for a kitten that was Mina's great niece.

Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mina was certainly a gorgeous kitty. I know you miss her terribly, but so happy you have Arya and Griffith to keep you company. You may come across her pedigree yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:26 am 
Senior Bengal

<3 Mina was so gorgeous, as a kitten and as she gracefully aged!

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a loved one. I am happy that she was able to live out 16 wonderful years with you though!! Those are the moments to treasure forever!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:17 pm 
Bengal Cat

Well, you've gone and fogged up my glasses! Such a wonderful memorial for Mina! It is amazing to me that you were able to find her great niece! This is the first time I read the Rainbow Bridge poem, I do hope it is true! I recently lost my 20 y/o tabby and she is always on my mind at this point. I moved a piece of furniture last week and found a small, dried piece of poo. I went to pieces over a petrified piece of poo. This is what cats do to you!

Rich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

RichF wrote:
Well, you've gone and fogged up my glasses! Such a wonderful memorial for Mina! It is amazing to me that you were able to find her great niece! This is the first time I read the Rainbow Bridge poem, I do hope it is true! I recently lost my 20 y/o tabby and she is always on my mind at this point. I moved a piece of furniture last week and found a small, dried piece of poo. I went to pieces over a petrified piece of poo. This is what cats do to you!

Rich

Awww don't worry Rich I still get weepy when I think about her I think it gets easier to cope with time but it doesn't lessen how much you miss them. She was such a special little girl and the first pet I ever had on my own basically she was with me through my whole adult life up till this year.

I still don't know how I found Arya besides pure luck or maybe destiny lol I typed in the name of the breeders Mina was from and found out there's only a couple of breeders still with those lines now as her actual breeder doesn't breed now. I contacted Liz at Junglefire as her site came up when I was googling Mina's old Cattery and told her about Mina and having lost her recently and she checked back through all of her cats pedigrees for me to find which ones had Mina's breed lines. We found out Elsa did and she had just bred to her up and coming boy Magnus this was in April so I was sat waiting around to see if she had any girls for me. Then she told me there where two girls and I could have one of them and once I met Arya I had to have her she is so much like Mina it's actually scary sometimes plus they where both small girls with big personalities.

Arya sleeps cuddled up next to me or on my chest every night which is what Mina used to do, Griff Prefers to sleep on the chair. Arya follows me around everywhere, if she can't find me she'll walk around the house meowing for me and checking rooms. She's basically my little shadow now and is always with me if I'm working she's on my lap purring away just like Mina used to, they are both little purr machines. Arya is content to spend the whole day cuddled up on my lap if I give her the chance. It also looks like Arya is also going to be a similar size to Mina full grow lol the only diffence between them Is the colour and Arya isn't quite as naughty as Mina was lol. My mum swears she's Mina come back lol I personally think if it's possible Mina sent her to me to look after me cos she couldn't do it anymore.

Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rich, you're a real softy! I love it!!! I have kept pieces of fur from my other kitties! It's difficult losing a pet who has meant so much to you for so many years. We cling to anything they have left behind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I must admit the rainbow bridge poem tugs at my heart strings along with a few other poems which I have, the first time I read it i cried.

Bristol, UK