It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi everyone! So my beautiful silver Bengal girl Athena arrived last week! She is 14 weeks old. Here are some photos:

I am so smitten with her, she is absolutely stunning, loves to cuddle, and is just such a sweetie pie.

My boy Zuki, however, is scared of her. For the first few days I only did scent swaps and Athena was fine with Zuki’s blanket, but as soon as I gave Athena’s blanket to Zuki to smell, he hissed and ran off to hide. He is just such a scared, sooky mummy’s boy but he will come around and is already improving.

They met face to face (not close) and there was hissing and growling from Zuki. I have been putting him in the top level of his cat tree while playing with Athena on the floor, and at first he wasn’t interested in her, but then he began to show curiosity – he would stick his head out to look, he then jumped down a level, then on the ground. I moved Athena further away onto the rug and Zuki followed. He sat there, watching us play contently until Athena jumped too close to him and he hissed and hid under me.

I have been doing this multiple times and he always comes closer and watches her. I can see him almost wanting to join in to play.

I have also been feeding them together – putting their bowls 1 meter away, facing each other. They eat silently and there is no hissing or growling.

They are in separate rooms while I am away at work – Athena in my bedroom and Zuki has the rest of the apartment. When I am home the bedroom door is opened and Athena is let out into the living area, but the two are watched under strict supervision. At night Athena sleeps in bed with me (she loves to snuggle up to me and sleeps like an angel) and Zuki is out in the living room like usual, as he isn’t allowed in our bedroom at night usually – he tends to scratch my face to wake me up!!

We are making progress every day and I’m confident that in a couple of weeks they will be friends!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Athena is so beautiful! I love silver bengals.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

She's adorable.

Sounds like introductions are going well and I am sure they will be best of friends soon.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

She's a very captivating little cat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is very elegant looking - a total babe!! Glad the introductions are progressing nicely :biggrin:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Omg she is stunning, she looks beautiful, I've only seen one silver before, my previous bengal was a snow spot with blue eyes who I sadly lost to cancer aged five, I would love another snow or silver but there doesn't seem to be many breeders in the UK who have these colours

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare&magic wrote:
Omg she is stunning, she looks beautiful, I've only seen one silver before, my previous bengal was a snow spot with blue eyes who I sadly lost to cancer aged five, I would love another snow or silver but there doesn't seem to be many breeders in the UK who have these colours

Glitterglam bengals in UK now have Silverglam bengals for breeding the lighter colours

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She looks beautiful.

I hope the introductions continue to go well and they are soon the best of friends.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:48 pm 
Senior Bengal

OMG, she is beautiful what a babe.

I want one! lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gosh, she is gorgeous!!!! Zuki is behaving perfectly normal -- hissing is okay -- he's not aggressively attacking her. I'm sure they will be best friends in just a matter of weeks. Your post sounds super excited! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:50 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Awww she is delightful. Congrats. She is super gorgeous! She looks like she has settled in and claimed you as her own already. Hope the two become great friends.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful eyes. Those pics aren't helping to stop me wanting a silver to add to the collection! The more I see the colour the more I want one :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Mellisa for letting me know about breeder in UK, the breeder I normally get my bengals from does breed snows but not silver, there is such a demand for the snows she has a waiting list

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare&magic wrote:

Silverglitzbengals in Scunthorpe breeds silvers and snows. The lady is such a lovely, professional breeder as well. Im not sure if you are anywhere near there but they are definitely worth a look :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is stunning! Congratulations.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes