[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Introducing a new Bengal 5 month female....
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:10 am 
Bengal Kitten

:biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! Hope all works out that you get your baby. A bathroom is fine for a safe room as long as you can put everything in there -- litter box, bed, food. You won't simply be leaving her there. Do your best to keep the two separated for at least a few days. You can go in there to play with her or bring her out, making sure your other kitty is not in that area. Swap out scents. Start by feeding them in the same general area together. Jackson Galaxy recommends a sight blocker, but that may not always be possible. Naturally, your best bet to introduce them face to face is to be holding your new arrival and allowing your other kitty to investigate. There will probably be hissing from your older kitty. Hissing is okay. You may find your other kitty is accepting of the new arrival within days. You can find topics on here where the introductions didn't go well in the beginning, but with time and patience, all worked out fine in the end. It may take a few weeks. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you do bring her home, wrap her in something that already has his scent on, and then share their blankets for a few days, so they get used to each others smells. That may reduce any friction on his part at having an 'intruder' if she already has his scent marking on her....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 am 
Senior Bengal

Don't be put off by the bathroom being a small room, so long as all the necessities are in there and fur baby has some space to move around and play a smaller room I find is better as they will probably hide away at first venturing out a little bit at a time as their confidence grows x

Proud mum, provider, waiter & general house slave to:
Meili brown spot born 07.11.09
Chester seal lynx rosetted born 10.04.14
Jaego melanistic born 16.05.15
Roxi big, sloppy French Mastiff born 10.04.11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hopefully, Mom2Be will let us know how things are going. We love updates.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi there!

I brought home a 5 month old boy just a week ago :D

I live in a very small apartment and I used my bathroom as the safe room. For a little kitten, the bathroom is fine. It's not too small at all.

My introduction went very well. I have a 1.5 year old female moggie and she loved my Bengal boy right away. Many people on here have disagreed with my method, but my girl met the new baby within an hour of me bringing him home. I know this sounds crazy and rash and reckless. I absolutely do not recommend you do this. Mine was by accident - she slid into the room and immediately wanted to say hello, licking the boy all over his face and watching over him as he settled in.

My advice is to take it slow. Do some scent swapping with a sock, a toy or piece of clothing. Observe their reactions and make sure they are both comfortable.

Good luck :)