It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet Amara
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:38 pm 
Senior Bengal

So I have finally got my own Bengal after five years of reading about the breeding... debating if I wanted to breed and show or just show with a Non-Active. Every time I would be looking and thinking about kittens but then I saw a ad online the other day that took me by surprise. I wasn't even looking for a Bengal but just looking at online ads.

A Bengal owner from my area had become quite unwell and needed to rehome her three years old girl asap (am guessing she had to go into hospital) I couldn't resist the beautiful pictures of the cat in question and had this urge to contact the owner. After a day of talking and debating and hearing that the owner needed her rehomed asap I picked her up and paid a more than fair donation of £100. I didn't ask about papers or anything along those lines. I was just so in awe of this beautiful cat who I have since named "Amara"

I will try and upload some pictures of her, as I need some opinions on her coat.

Picture quality isn't very good as she refused to let me hold her and she refuses to stay still but I hope her pattern is clear enough for a experienced eye to make a judgement.

Her previous owner said she was "Marble" but I am pretty sure marble is a very different looking pattern. I assumed she was either Arrow Rosettes or Arrow Rosettes with slight donut markings but as she is my first Bengal I don't really have a clue.

Also what would her colouring be called? Am not sure if she is glitter either, but she has very shiny paws in person and her coats looks silky but can't really see very well in photos but compared to the bengal tom cat she lived with... Her coat shined perfectly in comparison to his. She also has white under her chin and parts of her belly is white (but not enough to clearly see without turning her over) So would that make her a white bellied Bengal?

Please remember the lighting in my house isn't the best due to alot of shade from the outside and my phone isn't the best. She looks quite different in my opinion from her photo's. She's much more appealing to the eye, even know she still looks stunning in her photos.

Everyone meet "Amara"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Meet Amara
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is gorgeous! Definitely a rosetted bengal. It's difficult to tell exactly the type of rosettes. I'm glad you were able to rescue this beautiful gal. Congratulations. She'll certain enrich your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Definitely not a marble! She is brown spotted. If she has glitter you will be able to see it easiest in bright sunlight or under a lamp. No idea what you might classify her rosettes as. She doesn't look white-bellied in the photo, but obviously we can't see much and the photos aren't great.

What a nice surprise addition to your home :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When you say white under chin and belly - do you mean pale cream colour? She looks full bengal to me. They do have pale tummies and under their chins! You need to see her in sunlight or bright artificial light to see glitter. Oscar only glitters outside or in rooms with spotlights! When you mention her feet, I know what you mean! I'ts almost like their feet have a mother of pearl lustre!! She looks beautiful!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes, bengals do have light-colored bellies and under the chin. She should also have spots on her belly as well. She may have a ringed tail and black pads. Has she been spayed?. Donut rosettes are quite common -- my Raiden has them.