It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone,

I'm finally getting around to making my first post! Just wanted to introduce myself and my rescue Bengal Akiko. My partner and I picked her up from the rescue centre in October last year- she was an ex-breeding queen who had been overbred and had been kicked out by some backstreet breeders when she developed health problems. She was heavily pregnant when they found her, and unfortunately her 5 beautiful kittens died, but she has now been nursed back to health and is such a beautiful, sweet and clever girl. It's hard to tell how old she is as her teeth were so rotten she had to have most of them removed, but we reckon she is about 3.

I've joined the forum to find out more about the breed and caring for Bengals, as I've never owned one before. Suffice to say though she has quickly got us wrapped around her little finger (claw?) and very much rules the roost.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 pm 
Senior Bengal

Welcome
Akiko looks lovely, and interested in whats going on. Good that she is after her start in life.
I'm sure you will find good advise if you need it here, I did.

My 2 are now calming down at last, after two years, and Jaz will now come and sit on us,
such a change, he was too busy before.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome! She's a beautiful girl.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello and welcome congratulations on your beautiful bengal. You have done something marvelous in rescuing a poor girl who has clearly been abused. It really makes my blood boil hearing stories like this but at the same time it is warming knowing another cat is out of that life and just being around for what she is.... a beautiful cat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum! Bless you for rescuing this beautiful girl! It seems like she's been through so much. A loving home will do wonders for her. Bengals are like no other breed. They are super sweet and they love to be with their humans You may or may not have a lap cat and many bengals do not like to be picked up and held. I'm sure she has her quirks. I hope she has been spayed. Shame on the breeder for throwing her out like that. She's a stunning gal. Give her lots of hugs and kisses!!! She's earned them.