It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:09 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I wish I had found this site earlier! Recently had issue with my beloved Bengal starting peeing in appropriate places & not realised he had blood in his urine caused by the stress of a Farm cat that has taken up residence in one of our Barns. I thought he was being naughty & didn't realise stress had triggered this response, him then associating the hooded loo as causing him the pain & explains his puddles near the door!!! Feliway plug in purchased but it was diagnosis & use of Metacam & Cystophan which solved. Had to stop Metacam after a few days as blood in poo! but has been very happy on Cystophan although getting it into him was an issue vet didn't tell me I could take out of capsule! the powder even mixed with food is bit of an issue...any tips of getting into Bengal gratefully received! I'm coming to the end of his first course of Cystophan, should he go on a maintenance course?? Also Can Bengals eat Tuna & Salmon? what fish is ok please! Many thanks fellow Bengal owners/lovers :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Lorna. Welcome to the forum! I'm happy to hear you had your little boy checked out by the vet and found there was a reason for his peeing outside of his litter box. Kitties do not do that out of spite. They are trying to tell you something. My bengal is extremely territorial and I have to be careful of the other neighborhood cats who come into our yard. You can feed your little guy whatever he may like to eat. Mine does not care for tuna and detests salmon! He loves chicken, turkey and beef anything. Try to feed him a premium cat food. It will help with his health issues, too.