It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello everyone, me and my partner have become proud owners of our 1st kitten together. He's called Charlie and he is a 9 week old bundle of joy who loves to play with Ipads, shoe laces & his own tail :biggrin: We became interested in this breed when my soon to be brother in law introduced us to his bengal cross 3 months ago.
I have been lurking these boards for about 2 weeks now and i thought it was time to introduce Charlie to you guys. (Pictures to come when i work out how to send them from the Ipad)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on Charlie! There are instructions on how to post pictures in the Gallery section. Photos must be stored online and you just post a link to them so they show up in your post. You've said Charlie is just 9 weeks old. Why wouldn't the breeder keep the kitten until it was at least 12 weeks old? That's the recommended age for the cats to leave their mommies. They still learn a lot from their mom's during those last three weeks. It sounds like Charlie has acclimated to his new life with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I'm not sure why the breeder didn't allow Charlie to stay until 12 weeks. My missus must of got excited at the prospect of getting him. I would of liked him to stay with the mother until 12 weeks but that is another matter. Is it really detrimental to the kittens development to bring him home at 9 weeks instead of 12 weeks?
Charlie is going to be a house cat until we become more comfortable in allowing him outside (or his urge to see the whole wide world becomes to much to bare!) :lol: I already have bought him a harness but am wondering when & how to try and get Charlie used to it. Any tips you can give will be a big help.