It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:51 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone, my name is Jen, I'm a first-time Bengal guardian. Our boy is called B'alam (sounds like "alarm" with a "B" at the beginning) & he is almost 2 years old.
My partner Jason & I spent over 9 months researching the breed & traits before committing ourselves to providing a forever home to our fuzzy boy.

We were really lucky with the breeder we chose - Alison is such a lovely lady & spent so much time & love on all her Bengals. She is retired now but we keep her posted on all B'alams antics & progress, which she loves.

He can be a handful sometimes - there's a few behavioural issues that Jason & I are working on at the moment - but overall he is a sweet, talkative, energetic boy & we love him so much!

I have to say that all the techniques that we are implementing to address these issues are all thanks to this wonderful community of Bengal owners/lovers/guardians sharing their experiences & giving advice. I have greatly appreciated this community as a resource for addressing any of our familys shortcomings - on the human side, that is :) That's why I've joined you!

Anyway, thanks & I look forward to talking to you all in future.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

aaw he's lovely, and welcome to BCF :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! B'alam is absolutely stunningly handsome! I applaud you for doing a lot of homework before you decided to take on a bengal. They are not your normal cat, but they are so incredible -- not just in their beauty, but in their sweet personalities and all their quirks. I'm happy you've found this forum to be a great resource for you. We love pictures - so you can always feel free to post more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks Sherry & Fenstar :D

We love him so much, because he is not your usual cat. We've both had cats before but none of them were as full of personality & eccentricities as B'alam.

I just discovered the gallery section of the forum (so many gorgeous & lovely cats!) so I'll be posting some more pics in there very soon :)

Thanks again & look forward to talking again soon.