It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 am 
Bengal Kitten

hello im looking for tips and advice on Bengal cats mostly eating habits Jackson (Jaxs) eats a half and half of dry and wet ive had him for 2 days im want to feed him good healthy stuff that would be part of his normal diet as a wild cat but still want him to be tame enough to be around the kids 5 and 4 right now he is pretty timid and shy he don't come out during the day when the kids are around they are to hyper for him I think but at night hes a lil terror and its pretty humoruous to watch him play and the things he does Im enjoying him lots

im open to suggestions about bengals diet ive already tried him with chicken beef and a lil bit of tuna and he loves all that good stuff he doesn't seem picky yet

I heard putting yogurts and vegetable oils and fish oils in with there dry food any thoughts on this

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a beautiful kitty Jaxs is. I'm no expert in the feeding department. Raiden's previous owner fed him only cheap dry food. He never got any wet food. I've bought very expensive wet food for him and he won't touch it. He likes chicken and turkey -- no seafood at all. The dry food I buy is grain-free. I can't say the same for the wet food. I've tried him on all brands. He loves the Fancy Feast Elegant Medley Chicken Primavera above all else! He'll eat the Florentine and Tuscany at times. Some bengal owners feed their babies raw food. I guess when you get them as a kitten, you can sort of move them along to a certain type of food. As long as you find something he enjoys and will eat and that has the nutrients he needs, that's the main thing.

Just remember, you've only had him a couple of days and your house and all the smells that go along with it are completely foreign to him. It takes a while for him to settle in and adjust. Your kids will be great playmates once he gets used to them.

Congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am 
Bengal Kitten

ya hes pretty awesome he hasn't been to picky for food raw wet dry he will eat anything I given him so far but Im skeptical on the raw food until I look into it some more I was told beef marrow which he liked

hes starting to come out more and more now he still is wary of my children he freezes like a deer caught in head light when he seems them and if they move he bolts under my bed and wont come out till they go to sleep me and him play all night though and I really been enjoying his company smart cat and you can tell they are hunters cause how he stalks his toys lol I love it