[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hello from Pennsylvania and introducing Ms. Harley Quinn
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Adorable... I so want an F1 but my partner will literally kill me if i tried. Plus my two are a handful and dont need any encouragement from a kitten - lol.

I look forward to seeing lots of pics as she grows. Love the name too

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm 
Senior Bengal

Went home for lunch to spend some play time with Harley Quinn. I miss her so much during the day!!
Had to share these pictures. She is about to pounce on a feather toy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 am 
Senior Bengal

How adorable! The last picture is what Marcus gives me just before he sprints off to give me a head butt.
She is gorgeous! Does she gallop to you and give you kisses when you come home? I bet she's such a love bug like her brother! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 am 
Senior Bengal

Thanks! Usually when I come in, she is standing right at the door and its all I can do to make sure she doesn't sneek out of the "safe" room. Once i am in the room, she loves to follow me around and attack/hug My legs.
She is definitely getting more bold. This weekend we're going to perhaps open up the whole upstairs to her ( besides just our bed and bathroom) . Good luck to us in trying to block the stairs with a measley dog gate!!
She absolutely loves playing with my daughter. I dont know if it's her smaller size or what but Harley just can't get enough of her, either loving or play attacking her constantly.
I love how you refer to Marcus's gate as a gallop. That is very fitting to Harley as well. That and prancing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love the new photos her face is so cute!!!! I would just give one peice of advice with the leg hugging as cute as it is now I would not allow it to continue!!! When she gets to about 5 -6 pounds with nails like fish hooks its no longer cute it hurts like crazy!!!And for the dog gate!!!! She will clear that in all of 1.5 seconds lol! I tried that with BB and it didnt work!Trust me they are not as innocent as they seem! I am still in love with them so keep the pictures coming!!! Can I ask how old are they? They both look so mature already!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have to agree with bkilgore on discouraging the leg grabbing. It can really manifest into a painful attack.

I must admit I encouraged this behavior and wrestling too. Pouncey noticed the blood one day and licked my wounds. After that day he never would wrestle with me again. I think that is extremely rare and I wish he would wrestle I can take a few cuts and bites. I'd think being an F1 this could be a more serious issue.

Pouncey will still hide in a bush from time to time and I'll walk buy like unsuspecting pray and he'll grab my leg with absolutely no claws. Usually I dramatically fall to the ground :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks for the feedback, guys! she absolutely doesnt use her claws when she does grab my legs - so i'm thinking its ok???? But please let me know if you think i should still discourage. the last thing I want is to start a bad habit that will evolve into a bloody mess when she gets older ;-)
We have been very firm in saying "no" or providing an immediate alternative distraction when she does nibble or use her claws when playing.

Marcus and HarleyQuinn will both be 11 weeks this Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I say use your own judgment just wanted to give a heads up. It seems so innocent when there little sometimes. My exgirlfriend has a Bengal and its got a thing for socks and attacks feet I think someone put socks on their hands to play (humm I wonder who 8) . Pouncey will still play if I'm wearing gloves, I recently got a grooming mitt it took awhile for him to learn I wasn't trying to play with him. Even though it might me fine for you it could be a problem for a guest. If the guest is afraid or gets scared this might escalate your cats reaction to them. She's still playing but a guest might think your viscous wild cat attacked them. I have a neighbor that says my cat is a wild animal and is trying to kill her cat :roll: he's just trying to make a new friend but all his friends are dogs so he doesn't understand the concept of "personal space" like most cats. Shes literally nuts and wouldn't take the play excuse so we had to settle on my cat is just trying rape hers. She's fine with that.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yeah I have to agree! You have to use your judgement , right now being 11 weeks she is still really young and still learning what is wrong and right and what is ok and what is too rough! I think I wouldnt encourage it and see if its something that she will grow out of within a month or so and if not then I would start to slowly discourage her from doing it. The fact that she is not using her nails is a good sign that she already is showing some limits to her play as well as respect! Its just one of those things that is so cute when they are babies but BB weighs almost 7 pounds now and she did it to me a few week ago and I have bruises where her claws went into my flesh its was like getting many shots at one time! Another thing I can give you a heads up on is playing with her with you hand/foot under blankets/covers in bed , again cute when they are kittens not so cute when they are 7 pounds and pure muscle flying on top of you at 2 a.m. because you move :shock: I am laughing now because it is funny loking back but I must say it scared the crap out of me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:38 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks guys! excellent advice. We'll see how it goes. I did read previously about not introducing her to rough play with hands in sleeves or under blanket or feet or anything like that. We are sticking pretty strictly to toys are for playing, hands are for petting :-) So far so good. It's only been a week and time will tell.
Yes, I already know I'm kidding myself in thinking a doggie gate will limit her movement around the house. Our downstairs is just so open, it scares me a bit, but we'll make sure to keep a close eye. I'm sure she will take after her brother & be master of the whole house by Monday :P

I had my first talking to by Harley this afternoon. I wasnt able to come home for lunch to play but got out a couple hours early to work from home. Oh man, the lecture I got from Harley... she just sat there & meowed & meowed at me. wouldnt let me pet her, wouldnt play. she had to say her piece. then she ignored me for the longest time. I think i'm out of the "dog house" now as she is curled up on my lap taking a little nap. it was quite amusing though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Is that not the funniest thing when you get told off by at cat!!! Its hilarious BB does it to me every morning when I take the dog out and she doesnt get to go, when I come back in she will sit there and tell me how she feels about it before she climbs in the window and gives me a horrible look! About 30 minutes later she is in my lap purring like crazy!!! With keeping Harley upstairs I think since you have had her a week now I would let her down stairs of course with you! I think a week is about the rule of the safe room well for SBT's anyway! I think I would feel more comfortable with an open floor plan so you can see her where ever she might be!!! The gate could work for her for a while until she figures it out. BB has already been introduced to one so she already knew how to get either under or over it when we got her. The breeder we got her from used one to keep her Lab from the kitten room! It sounds to me though that you have a good sense of what you are doing and how to read what she is doing! And the fact that that you have an AMAZING breeder to be there for advice is always a plus!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:08 am 
Senior Bengal

lol! Marcus does the leg grab but uses no claws at all. It's more like a hop up like he's saying "I'm here mommy! Pick me up!" He chases me around my apt and pouncing about. He sounds like a galloping horse on the wood floor. He's amazing!

I wish he would hold still enough to get good photos. I'll have to use my Nikon and not the Iphone, lol.

I see this face 95% of the time:

Close up! (I work night shift so I get home around 1am)

King of the TV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Senior Bengal

NIkkiT, love the pictures of Marcus. He is such a handsome boy

We let Harley have the run of our bedroom too last night. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. She was really good but the in the middle of the night she dashed under the bed and started this soft roaring/growling thing it took a while to coax her back out with a toy. Im thinking she must have had a bad dream, either that or we have a ghost ;) lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Those pictures are too cute he looks ready to pounce!!! That is how they are still to this day BB is now 6 months and I have to take about 50 pics to get one keeper! They are so fast most of the time I get her tail or an ear of her swatting at the wrist band for the camera! So you are lucky to have some good ones in there!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:25 pm 
Senior Bengal

So I know cats arent supposed to need to be bathed, but last night Harley seemed to have other ideas. I had filled the bath for my daughter (only 5 inches or so) plus lots of bubbles. Well Harley thought that was just the coolest thing. She was sniffing the bubbles when whoops, she slid right in. I was petrified and scooped her out so fast and whisked her into a towel. The poor thing had looked like an elf with a (quite large) pointed bubble hat & santa beard. Once I got over the initial shock & saw she was ok, my daughter & I couldnt stop laughing.

I dried her off with the towel and what does she do? Goes right back in the bathroom to sniff and bat at the bubbles again. She was more careful and I more watchful and we finished my daughters bath time without further mishap. Boy did she have super extra energy after that though, doing laps around the room, cartwheel jumps off the bed and making the towel I used to dry her off her new favorite kick toy/hidey pounce toy/snuggle blankie. She wasn't too pleased when I took it away to do a wash.

I'm interested to see if she continues to be curious about water. My daughter cant wait for her next bath now to see if Harley decides to join her again :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next