[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hello from canada :)
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from canada :)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello from canada! :) I just got my first cat in over 15 years, since i was a kid, i had them my whole childhood, and its a Bengal!! i got him 3 days ago, hes purebread if you can even call bengals purebreads, but hes an f6, I got it from mayanmar bengals in abottsford bc, nice people, clean breeding place, terrible for responding to emails. but im happy i got my cat and hes healthy. i get my tica registration when i get him fixed and pay the 40$ to register him, then i get my blue slips the breeder said? i do have the old pedegree from the father and she accidently gave me to ped from another mother he had kittens for sale, she going to get them to me the proper ones soon enouph. im not entirly confortable with this but then again im new to all this. The kitten is a 16 week old 2 pound healthy boy, when i got him he was terrified, hid for the past 2 days and even got so scared a couple time he peed on me and didnt even move, just frozen in fear, i was scared their was somthing maybe wrong with him, but this morning i let him out of his temperary dog kennal, and hes came out and made frineds with the 3 small dogs and my ferret that gets run of the house, complet night and day this morning, im so releaved. Im 30 years years old, i weld aviaion parts for a living, i breed snakes as a hobbie, or should i say i have some nice snakes i will breed as a hobby with an income lol i have a mini pin tank, a savannha monitor, oscar fish and a fire eel, taranchula and 2 scorpions. woo, thats a handfull but they bring me so much joy, atm i got 2 other dogs and a ferret living here, they all have the run of the house, and im watching them all getting well adjusted to each other as i type. well hello again, sorry for my grammer, its always been my downfall lol oh and his names Boots from puss in boots :)

Post subject: Re: Hello from canada :)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello, I'm originally from Burnaby, not too far from you.

I wonder if you are taking things too fast. The usual advice when bringing a cat home is to give it a room of its own, where it can hide and get used to the smells and sounds. The litter box and food and water should be here, so it can easily find them. Then, in its own time, the kitten will start to explore. Depending on the personality of the kitten, this may be hours, or days. When the kitten has become confident in the room, and around you, then you can let it explore the rest of the house. If you have other pets, introductions should be done slowly.

You want to gain your cat's trust.

Bengals are purebred if they have been bred from other full bengals, yes. It is not abnormal for a breeder to withhold the registration slips until neutering is done. Not sure about the pedigree mixup, perhaps it was just an accident.

I had a glance at your breeder's website, and noticed the photos of Queens are done in outdoor runs. Are the kittens raised indoors, or outside in runs with their mothers? This will affect the quality of your kitten's socialization.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome I'm a snake guy to mostly the "Hot" stuff. I've had a Savannah, Nile and Tegu too. Lots of scorpions, spiders and centipedes. A few small mammals including a ferret and some amphibians and now a Bengal. The Bengal is the most work but also the most rewarding.

Also its customary to post pics of "Boots" when introducing yourself. You may anger the forum natives :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm 
Bengal Kitten

thxs for the tip, i did not introduce the other animals untill today when it was clear he wanted out to explore so i let him see the other animals and he was interested to see them as he growled a little but when they turn their back he would try to sneek up and get closer, the last 2 days was just him in my upstair bedroom with a litter box water and food, and he spent both days sleeping under my blankets, only getting up to eat and use the litter box and straight back under the blankets. but to be honest, its like a switch went off last night because today, hes rubbing up against my dogs and following them around all day, he really does not seem like the same kitten today. i locked the dogs up a few minutes ago and the cat started getting rather vocal, and calling out, so i let them back out and i have not heard a peep. Im so happy its working out. the breeder had their cats indoors, all in a seperat bedroom with all sorts of climbing stuff and hides and everything. i sure hope its an accident the ped parer of the mother got mixed up, or i will certainly be knocking on their door to say the least. here some pics of boots i just took while typing this. I think hes perfect :) but who doesnt think that of their own pets lol ah looks like ill have to wait on the pics, they are too big, and need to shrink down and im not sure how, got to wait till my buddy come over next to show me, not so good at computers. viper keeper i have also kept a nile monitor for a few years before they banned them last year here, he was the nasties animal i have ever kept by far LOL i dont keep hots, but i love them! just currious are you viperkeeper on ssnakkess forum? on their website i got male #1 at the top, they really do have some amazing looking bengals and im sure the paper work is a mix up. :) ill do my best to get some pics of him up sooner than later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 am 
Bengal Kitten

i should have a pic up by tomorow, and i like your cat, real nice golden/red color to it. You found that snake? looks like a rat snake to me, most ill find close to my place are garter snakes. i held my nile alot as well, but nothing changed anything, he bite and tail whiped every chance he got, and by the time he got around 3-4 feet his tail whips would break the skin and his claws would tear your skin or he would climb up your leg and drive those claws a good half inch into your legs.... the fun i had eh LOL, needless to say i was not to upset when i had to rehome that monster :P i had to be carefull he didnt get close for my safety which really take the fun out of owning such a magestic animal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

You are correct sir! Its a Black Rat Snake. I catch one maybe every couple years, that trip I caught 4 :shock: I only get CB for pets and its illegal for me to keep one anyways. So I got the next closest looking snake....A Black Pakistan Cobra :wink: They look identical except when their upset, doesn't take much easily the most aggressive Cobra I've ever seen.

Thanks for the kind words about Pouncey can't wait to see Boots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm 
Bengal Kitten

here is Boots, took the one at the computer yesterday. and one of him sleeping with the dogs today, untill i woke them up taking pics. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's beautiful and looks like he'll have really nice rosettes too :shock:

Does he fix computers too?

Your in for a lot of fun :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks Viper, to be honest we probly know about the same as far as comps go lol I used the imageshack like you said and it was pretty easy, just up loaded it and saved the pic from their and it automatically was small enouph to post, didnt have to do anything to it lol. I am totaly shocked and amazed how smart bengals are, he already knows his name, i called his name and he looked over immediatly, he been doing it all day now, so i put my hand out and told him to come and i was shocked, he actually came all the way across the room right to me !! i never seen a cat actually listen before. he been doing that all day now as well as when i tell him its ok he knows that too. Itroduced him to the ferret, and he puffed up a little, and i said its ok boots, and imedietly he dropped his stances and walked closer to get a good smell of each other, now hes just met the ferret, and hes totally fine with him too. I love this cat already! i think he must have been so scared becuase hes really pack orientated or somthing, because instantly hes friends with the animalls here. he even ran across the room and dive bombed on my dog and got him to play with him, and my dog seems to play too rough for the ferret, but the cat dont seem to mind the head butts at all, actually seems to get the cat to play even more! your right bro, im going to have so much fun with Boots, hes already part of the pack/familly, like hes been here for years, and its been all of 4 day! wow. if someone told me bengals were this awsome i would have already gotten one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bengals are great cats and full of energy! It looks like you have my favorite dog (Dobbie) and my favorite cat (Bengal)! You will have loads of fun watching your animals play! I am kinda anxious to see how its going to work out with your ferret because they are very cat like in nature as well! Good luck and Congrats in boots he is a beautiful kitten! I love his rosettes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:44 am 
Bengal Kitten

Boots really likes the ferret, but the ferret gets to rough and scares/hurts the cat, the cat looks for him all day, when the ferret is sleeping, he will sit outside the ferret cage trying to call him out, or even go in and see if hes even in there, but when they are playing, ie the ferret chases the cat around, when the ferret actually gets him he wants to play fight, but gets a little over welming and the cat starts crying out which excites the ferret and he goes into a frenzy to poin the cat down, and i have to rush over and serpeate the two of them, but then Boots immedietly starts getting the ferret to chase him again. but when they are not playing chase their is no aggression to each other, just when boots gets the ferret all worked up :) Boots loves my mini pin, follows him around and sleeps beside him, my dog tank does not really like it, but he know hes to be nice so he sops it up :P that my good boy :), but the cat sure loves him :) I have also tried to work at training boots as of the last post, with what seemed to be such promising signs of being able to train him well, and now he couldnt be bothered, hes knows his name but could care less what i have to say anymore, now that hes got tank the ferret and the other 2 dogs, who needs the guy that feed him anymore right lol and he wont be bothered to eat a treat, nothing but his cat food, and thats when he feels like eatting it,so the insentive to training has proven to be nonexistant, oh and if you leave a glass of cold water out he will dunk his face in it and rub his cheeks on the side of the glass, so i have to check for cat hair after i come back from leaving a room with a drink in it lol hes so funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your using the wrong treats then. I cut up prices of fresh tuna or tilapia and he goes nuts. Also what food you giving him? I'm a big supporter of raw mine eats mostly whole ground rabbit its actually cheaper than canned. Training them is fun and good for them too it keeps their mind sharp so don't give up. Please!!! get a pic of of him dunking in the water. Good to hear everybody's getting along.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 am 
Bengal Kitten

i just took a few pics tonight, but my phone take pics so slow, i missed every attemp, ill get one with a better camera later im sure and ill post it with his head atually submerged, but here a few of him playing in the water, the last one he had his face right in it and pulled it out as the pic went of, you can see his head is blurry from moving it out. after the first couple i added some water , but never got one. I feed him Royal canin kitten 36, he eats about a cup a day, which i think is a hell of alot of food for a small cat and he drinks a couple bowls of water, hes a machine! lol and i let him check out some clams, muscles and shrimp i give to my monitor everyday, he just smells it and walks away, he sure loves his regular cat food tho :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow, he's really cute! :3 Really adorable that he sleeps with your dog, who is also really cute. :D Also...that's my favourite flavour of Pringles you have there. XD If I may suggest this, you should check out the nutrition subforum. I would recommend that if you don't go raw, think about adding a good wet food to your kitty's diet. Dry food absorbs moisture once in their body, and if they only eat dry food it can mean they don't get enough water, and could end up dehydrated and have issues because of it later on. Not sure how much water they would need to drink from their bowl in order to meet the proper amount, but someone else might have information on that. After doing some research on cat nutrition, the information I've gathered strongly suggests a solely dry diet is not ideal for most cats. Hope that doesn't come across preachy, I just wanted to give a suggestion since it seems a lot of people don't know until they get a cat (myself included) the pitfalls of dry food. I didn't realise its shortcomings until I decided on getting a cat and looked stuff up. :<