[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hullo from Fandral and I! (We're new here. :P)
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome :-)

Your boy is lovely, and there's no such thing as too many pictures!

I got the wow reference by the way :mrgreen:

Kits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He looks very healthy! It was worth waiting for him. You're so lucky he walks out everywhere with you. I love the name Fandral. Kind of ..elvish.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congrats on your handsome guy and welcome to the forum! He is a beautiful cat he looks pretty big as well! I am so glad to hear that you toughed it out and waited for him , it sounds like it was a match made in Heaven and he was meant to be with you! I was like you as well I have always had big huge dogs and that is what I wanted as well! I was on the internet looking for a boxer and came across a Bengal! It hit me I have been wanting a Bengal since I was 13 so here is my chance , now I have a 5 month old little girl and she has turned me into a cat person! I would rather have more Bengals then any other dog!!! Sounds like you are very happy with him and as far as him bing vocal it will not take you long to figure out what each sounds mean, I can tell by BB's sounds what she wants and that is something you will never get with a dog!!! :lol: Congrats on your baby! Oh dont worry about the pictures I have probably clost to 1000 of BB already and have had her less then 10 weeks! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

+1 for no such thing as too many pics.

My boy follows me everywhere too without a lead. I noticed most of the pics were at night. Just wondering does he act different at night like mine does? Its his favorite time to walk and he sticks close by. I thought my boy stuck around because I had him as a kitten but it looks like your bond is just as strong.

Welcom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! :D I feel bad for rambling so much, though, I really do. XD;; Seems most people only type a sentence or two...maybe it's because I'm a writer, but I tend to explain everything with the utmost detail.

Kitsu, glad you got the reference! :] Perhaps there are other gamers here after all. :P I actually stopped playing WoW a while ago because I felt like it went really downhill. But I still really like the lore, and I met some of my best friends as well as my soulmate (haha, such a silly word, but it's so true) in that game, I can't hate on that. I play DotA 2 mostly nowadays, always looking for more friends who play.

Didine70, the character he's named after actually is a nightelf, so good call on your part. XD He definitely was worth the wait, I just felt like maybe people wouldn't understand my rabid zeal, since he's not exactly cosmetically spectacular, especially compared to the cats I've seen on here--very lovely. :shock: I'm not trying to downplay how wonderful I think he is, I just know how people can judge based on looks sometimes.

Bkilgore, I'm glad you're so happy with your kitty, it's weird how cats like these can basically fulfill our need for a dog. I love canines, they're very close to my heart, but since Fandral is so good outdoors and he's so interested in everything, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. He is a little shoddy when it comes to walking on the lead sometimes, but honestly, he walks better than some dogs I've seen. The only time he ever really needs to walk on it is on our way to the park or the woods. Once there, he forgets how to walk entirely. XD He'll walk nicely down the street with me, but the second he sees something of interest he wants to drag ass. Lol. :P I'm glad I'm not the only one who went a little mental with the picture-taking. XD These were the first pictures I got to take of him at all, so they were long overdue.

Viperkeeper, would you believe we've only been able to go outside at night as of late because of the ridiculously hot temperatures? Today we went out as the sun was going down, but other days this week I literally waited until the middle of the night for him to get some exercise because it has been so stiflingly hot. I've always been rather nocturnal, but this is crazy! I think he does stick closer at night for sure. And then every once in a while he'll start zipping all over the place like mad. XD My boyfriend and I were remarking to one another that we have a feeling most cats could be taught to follow their people around if they're started young. I've heard that bengals are just naturally more predisposed to it, so maybe they pick it up faster, even if they're a little older? It's hard to tell. Maybe people just don't try it as much with other cats? My rabbit did pretty much the same thing with me, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Phelan,

I also met my soulmate on there ;)

we gave up playing a month ago too, probably for similar reasons I guess :)

Enjoy your lovely cat, he's fab!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:07 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Welcome Phelan, your boy is handsome! I actually prefer his coat over the clear, rosetted. I love the photo of him running with the reflectors haha. How long have you had him? You two seem to get along so well. I'm happy you chose to adopt him, we did the same with our bengal Amazon. The breeder had given him up to a local shelter and I jumped on it! I have a real soft spot for rescues. I was reading through your post and I could of sworn someone was talking about me! We've got quite a bit in common haha. I too tried to find Amazon's parentage but no luck :( Of course I got your wow reference and I don't play anymore :(. I tried Dota2 but I really can't get into it. I've been playing LoL and Diablo2 lately. My OH is the big gamer though with his GM title and all :shock: :lol: I also love vocal cats, you should hear Mjölnir... he sounds like a squeeze toy with all sorts of new sounds I've never heard before. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble! Thank you for sharing your cutie with us and I look forward to more pics!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Haha, we're a bunch of cat loving ex wow players. Both me and my oh have played for a long time (horde side so I didn't get the refference altho I assumed it was wow-related) but we were really too competitive (high end raiding guild) and it was all we did at some point. So we quit, sold our characters and got a console :) We play Diablo from time to time but mostly we stick to the xbox, no more mmorpg's for us, lol.
Also, your boy is lovely, he seems like a very happy cat :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Haha can definitely relate to wow grumbling ;) my OH was main tank and raid leader, I was main heals on my disco priest, but yeh DS was just.... meh! And you get sick of all the idiots on wow too (especially after like 5 years!). We've been dabbling in Diablo a little but I haven't even been on that in a couple of weeks :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

All this talk of WoW is actually starting to make me a bit nostalgic. :( I always said I had a love-hate relationship with it, lol.. As stressful as that game would be at times (how embarassing is that to say) I was still addicted and kept going back. >.< OH and I were in a raiding guild too, and would be raiding 3-5 nights a week. :shock: During the period of time that I was the most hooked (mid-BC to late WotLK) was when we were pushing all the en-game content, and we became one of the top raiding guilds on the server, eventually we became the top horde guild.. shortly before all the drama happened and the guild disbanded. :( I guess that was the beginning of where I started to lose interest, and as the game started getting more and more ridiculous (mounts at lvl 20? what! etc..) I started playing less and less. OH continued on longer, and I think he still dabbles, but he mentioned canceling his subscription.

Oh well, my blood elf warlock will always have a special place in my heart..

<3 haha

I feel like we are in AA for WoW players. :lol: I can't imagine how nerdy this must sound to people who aren't familiar with the game. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not a bloomin clue what you lot are on about...... :roll: It clearly doesn't dance like Michael Jackson, so it has no place on my DS..... :P

As for Fandral I have to agree - He is gorgeous! Well done on the rescue, and the patience to wait 6 months!
Do you know how old he is? He looks like a big boy already! Love the piccies of the Bengal Death Ray Eyes - Keep em coming!